Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
where is the free burning software they promised?
Louise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 11:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am suppose to get free burning software with my Cyber Power DVD. Has anyone gotten it or even can find it to download? How does this work? Anybody with an answer, I would be very greatful!
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 06:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Louise,

I too would be grateful for a pointer to the mysterious free burning software, which must be very carefully hidden from view.

I would'nt consider any further Cyberlink software before this promise is fulfilled. This would not seem to be good marketing on their part.

Regards, Jim
Louise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well Jim, looks like we have been dooped by this company! I too will not deal with them anymore. If you find out the answer to this great mystery please let me know and I will do the same! Regards, Louise
Jeremy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 16:24 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I have searched everywhere for this free burning software they had promised, but to no avail. If I happen to find the answer I will post it.
Louise [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks so much for your reply-although I think it is blowing in the wind somewhere-and likewise, I will do the same, regards. Louise
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 21:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like I was duped as well. Just curious if anyone ever got the free burning software?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Have any of you contacted Technical Support and asked for the link

Before Cyberlink upgraded their web site, any free gifts for purchasing a product were listed on your own personal home page, however this has now changed for some unknown reason and the links are not shown.

SO CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Jeremy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I contacted technical support, still waiting on response. Once I get a response (hopefully a solution), I will post here.
Louise [Avatar]
[Post New]
I too have contacted tech support almost 2 weeks ago and still no answer from them. So, there you go. Hopefully someone will get an answer and a link and perhaps share it with the rest of us. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I know I will! regards, Louise
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Louise and Jeremy,

Could you provide your question ID?
I can contact CL contact window.

Louise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, I am new to this site. Solease bear with me. Where can I find my question ID? I am sure this stupid to you, but, like I said I am a newie to this type of forum. Thank you for being concerned enough to ask. Thanks gain, Louise
Louise [Avatar]
[Post New]
hello again, I found it! My Question ID is: CS000561824, hope this helps you in my inquiry. Thank you again!
Jeremy [Avatar]
[Post New]
My question ID is CS000563593. Thank you for your help in trying to resolve our issue Daisuke.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2008 15:31

Jeremy [Avatar]
[Post New]
My question was answered Louise, however you will have to wait until you speak with a representative. They give you a download link and a license key which I obviously cannot post. But if you have not done so by now, open a support ticket and explain you need the link and license key for the burning software. I would give you more info if I could but only a representative can give you a license key. Let me know when you get it straightened out.
Louise [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeremy, I wrote a reply before but don't know if it went through-Anyway, I'll write it again and want to thank you again for your information. When " I thought I was buying the Cyberlink Power DVD maker 8, when in fact, I bought the CyberLink Power 2Go6 instead. How that actually happened I don't know. That particular software does have
burning software. For some reason I quess I thought the two worked together. In other words if I thought I was buying the Cyberlink Power DVD maker 8 that the Cyberlink Power 2Go6 came with it. I assume you did buy the Cyberlink Power DVD maker 8, correct? Then I am glad you ot the link. I did right a support ticket at the time first, that's why I came to the forum after for help. So, that is my story. The good side to this is
I can burn with other programs I have.

So Jeremy, Thanks ever so much again for your help. At least I didn't feel completely alone out in cyberspace somewhere, Best Regards, Louise
PS: Hope you enjoy your purvchase and aLL GOES WELL WITH IT!
Jeremy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Louise for your kind words, and thanks for posting throughout this whole process. If you need any help send me a pm.

Best regards,

-Jeremy
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 06:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your pointer. I didn't look into the forum for a few days, but followed your advice and now have the free software.

Regards, jim
Harry ViDerci
Newbie Location: Netherlands Joined: Oct 24, 2008 17:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello fellow DVD8 Upgraders, I got email and a link to that MEMBER page, that I am a silver-member with the download of FREE burning software?
But I couldn't find any link to download.... ; I upgraded to 8De Luxe...
SILVER MEMBER<<<

So I read all your experiences to the same problem, I have made an Support Ticket and wait for it to solve this problem, I can burn now with NERO,

"SUPPORT TICKET= ID CS000564368"

but they promised the Burning Software, after I made a SUPPORT TICKET I got a mail after that and now I'm a GOLD MEMBER>>>
wich give me the right to something else, now I don't understand it anymore, I will wait and see, to someone who has permission to give me a link....

Thanks all, Louise and the others before me, who I don't remember their names anymore, I trust that it will be come the good way at CYBERLINK, they have to check and have to need a little more time..... :

I'm glad with 8 DeLuxe it woks fine, by the way 6 & 7 worked also fine, but going with the time and techniichal possabiliies....

Maybe later I need again to upgrade to a higher standard, we'll see...

Greetings Harry

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2008 21:38

Realplayer11Plus/PowerDVD8DeLuxe/Nero6614
WinDVDPlatinum5/WMP9/Creative SB Audigy NX Extern 24/96 Optical Dig In/Out and SonyMiniDisc Decks/Portable w. Opt IN /to burn DVDAudioHQwithAudioDVDcreator1910/Windows XP Pro Pent.IV SP2/2,66 GHz/200HDD
Harry ViDerci
[Post New]
Hi Friends, now I got on this SUPPORT TICKET ID:
"SUPPORT TICKET ID: CS000564368" GOLD MEMBER
a FREE Printing Label software download, wich I can use very good...

>> So it's very interesting for us buyers /upgraders/registrations to follow the mails and have a little patient with the support dept. for give us the link...

Maybe after that I will look very good what I need for software wich I don't have already and order or upgrade ! ;

I'm into High Tech and very intersesting in electronics, I'm bizzy with 24/96 DVD Audio and VideoClips (flv./irv.) to burn to VCD/SuperVCD and finally now with DVD, very old stuff ('50/'60/'70/'80) legal burn on DVD, interesting if Cyberlink has Streaming Video burn in one of thes packets....?

greetingz, Harry (NL)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2008 23:19

Realplayer11Plus/PowerDVD8DeLuxe/Nero6614
WinDVDPlatinum5/WMP9/Creative SB Audigy NX Extern 24/96 Optical Dig In/Out and SonyMiniDisc Decks/Portable w. Opt IN /to burn DVDAudioHQwithAudioDVDcreator1910/Windows XP Pro Pent.IV SP2/2,66 GHz/200HDD
Harry ViDerci
[Post New]
I Contacted Technical Support 25-10-2008 ID= CS000564782

for this same Issue, but now it's weekend so I gave them more time for the coming week.....

Thanks in advance, Harry (W.P.H.) Schouten, alias Harry Vi Derci

greetingz to all ! Realplayer11Plus/PowerDVD8DeLuxe/Nero6614