Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Compression of Videos
[Post New]
I have two video files AVI 1.5Gb each. When I try to burn a DVD Disc for both files with SMART FIT, the software accepts only one and from 1.5Gb it increases to 4.7GB. I cannot understand. The software should include both files. Power Director 13 LIVE 13.0.2104.0 64 Bit
Win 7 Professional SP1 Build 7601, Motherboard Gigabyte Tech Z68A-D3-B3, X86, Intel Core i5-2400 CPU - 3.10Ghz RAM 6Gb, Virtual Memory 16Gb, 4 HDD, 1Tb each. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650. Camcorders: Canon XA10, Canon
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
AVI is often misleading. There are non-compressed AVI files and highly compressed AVI file from, for example XVID or DivX.

What kind do you have? You may have both types. They all have to be converted to VOB files (which are mpg2 files under a different name) to be put on a DVD that will play on a standard DVD player.

Remember the rule of thumb is no more than 2 hours of mpg 2 files at best quality to a double sided DVD. Are you exceeding that?

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.