Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline video playback stutters, stops and jumps when overlapping 2 clips and choosing crossfade
BobAbbott1618 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2014 16:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
This happens in version 12.0.3403.0 and 13.0.2307.0 and I can repeat it everytime. Just like the subject line says plus the video engine shows 0 with the above parameters. If I remove the crossfade playback is fine and the video engine runs around 70%. Any idea of what is going on?

A couple of more bits of info.....

Happens regardless of preview quality chosen
Happens regardless what drive I am using...
I have had this going on for awhile now but had hopes that 13 would eliminate the problem.

I think the key here is the video engine is not being used when I use the crossfade...but why?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
218 time(s)
PD user since 10...now on Director Suite 3
BobAbbott1618 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone?
PD user since 10...now on Director Suite 3
[Post New]
This is problem with PD (64-bit), I think the PD13, the worst on this issue.

Thankfully it's the preview of the timeline, does not affect the video after rendering.

Some effects require more power from the PC, and can take a trip on the preview.

Example: when the credits text, beginning to rise (pause) in this PC signature.

However a simple CrossFade should have no problems unless have others overlapping effects.

Hopefully an update will improve this as well.

See more here.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16453&prodId=4&prodVerId=1123&CategoryId=-1&keyword=preview

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 20. 2014 08:16

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
You possibly have same problem as me, though I found it related to any enhance/fix clip.
When I added anything from the enhance/fix button - ie colour fix or white balance, color director etc.... my video slows and freezes, the audio keeps going, then video jumps to the last clip in the sequence and stops...audio stillgoing.
Soooo annoying. Can't preview my work.

Jittery in production too. Jenny
BobAbbott1618 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have lots of effects applied through out the clips on this project...color correction, stabilization...speeded up video...these affects are not causing an issue for me. PD user since 10...now on Director Suite 3