Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using Still Images
BayingAtTheMoon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 09:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I hate to be dim, but although I can find loads of great tools in Power Director, it is the basic ones I can't find. How do you, for example, set how long you want a still image to remain on the screen. Have tried absolutely everything I can think of, checked out the help list and combed this site - all full of people who have obviously mastered something simple like this ages ago and have moved on! I'd like to be able to fade the image in and out and although I can see how to enable fade in and fade out, I can't make the tools come up to actually do it. If anyone can tell me how to do this I'd be really grateful!
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Place still image on timeline> highlight image (single left-click)> click Duration button that appears directly above timeline.
-or-
Place still image on timeline> right click image> in context menu select Set Clip Attributes> click Set Duration.

EDIT: Oops, forgot a third method: Grab the edge of a clip on the timeline and drag it to the desired length.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2014 16:21

Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'd like to be able to fade the image in and out and although I can see how to enable fade in and fade out, I can't make the tools come up to actually do it.

Double-click the clip on the timeline, or click the MODIFY button. Scroll down the left panel to the bottom and check the boxes...

Fades can be shortened or lengthened by dragging the keyframe (white) dots to the left or right - in the timeline clip.
When using keyframes with any effect, the closer the dots are to one another the quicker the action will be between them.

[Thumb - 2.JPG]
 Filename
2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
146 time(s)

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Nov 16. 2014 12:52

BayingAtTheMoon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 09:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much! I'm going to try this and see if I can do it.