Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director2 -PD12 and trouble with editing 4K
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, well I update window media player, quick time, but both were okay when I wanted to do a note appeared: no update possible now

For director 2-PD12 I have, I bought it around 6 months ago and once appeared the note for update and do it.

By the fact don’t see when I open PD12 the image I saw in the small film you send me where you have a number, your name… so couldn’t compare. When I open my PD12 immediately is ready to make a project. Can’t find loke you. Looked on the setting tools but can only ask to open on last project, or on trial image they give or like I did direct on empty page.

I do all as describe on your small film for the setting and do again the output on desktop as usual.
Well again no possible to open with window media player and quicktime, as only audio file, but I can open it with VLC!! With VLC I can see well, no jump, no stop, perfect!

http://youtu.be/kCgauIL4fsw well you can see it on youtube! But I found not so good the quality when saw through youtube. When I looked on PC through VLC I can see the definition.

the film is just about the small town we live and also we were trying the new video head and it was also the first time for the sony ax100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYBLkJ1t7ws another one I just finished
thanks so much

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2015 13:06

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent videos!!!

Quote: Well again no possible to open with window media player and quicktime, as only audio file, but I can open it with VLC!! With VLC I can see well, no jump, no stop, perfect!

well I am glad that everything is working for you even though it took two months...

settings that I've given you is CPU rendering of your final videos since CyberLink does not support nVidia drivers newer than 340.43 for Hardware Acceleration.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultimate/spec_en_US.html

if you don't mind then try http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic_Home_Cinema.htm
and the codecs http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

download buttons are way down at the bottom of the web page. after installing associate the *.MP4 to MPC-HC.
I've been using it forever!

But I found not so good the quality when saw through youtube. When I looked on PC through VLC I can see the definition.

well, PD12 preset is 50Mb/sec bitrate and yours records at 60Mb/sec and YouTube really downgrades it to 1/3 bitrate of the original,
so I've attached a little video again to create a custom bitrate profile for your Sony AX100 at 65Mb/sec and the audio at 256Kb/sec.
PD12's max bitrate is 200Mb/sec...

Happy shooting.
Tschüß.

Filename
20150112_1350_06.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
sony ax100 custom profile how to
 Filesize
3405 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
595 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2015 15:06

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi, happy you like those 2 small video just done as trial to use the new camera and the new video head!

now I have to study what you wrote (my old brain…) and try

by the fact what's happen if you film in 4K and then make output in FHD? it's look okay or what is necessary to settle?

thanks
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
I am not creative like you. they're excellent.
I am a chop, chop, dice and splice kind of guy.

I saw what you mean by some of the video being not sharp as others.
it is a by product from using the shadow files... some don't want to party.
even though it takes little bit extra time, I don't use shadow files any more.
I just do it again until there isn't anymore like that.

if you go down-scale to 1080 FHD, you still have to use custom profile and render high bitrate at
32Mb/sec. if not down-scaled 1080 FHD at 17Mb/sec looks a little, tiny bit better than regular FHD.

after that, YouTube down-scales it more about 1/3. it is understandable for them to do that to keep
other videos minimum as possible in a limited space or hard drive. just to think for YouTube to keep the
all the uploaded videos for world to see is mind boggling at the least. they're going to H.265 codec to
shrink all the video down some more. it's like .wav audio file converted to .mp3. fraction of the size but
equal in audio quality.

have a lots fun.
PepsiMan 'no bridge too far'

Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, long time…

today I got a surprise.. i couldn't since several weeks works with PD12…

I opened a project to finish it and all shadow files I turned green were again yellow! and so again loose so many hours as around 2 hours of file

so why??
maybe because i agree to eliminate automatically temporary files every 30 days?

so always in trouble with 4K

thanks so much
PepsiMan
[Post New]
hello, happy new year (Chinese 19Feb).

Quote:

because i agree to eliminate automatically temporary files every 30 days?

yes.
PD12 keeps temp shadow edit files in My Documents/ CyberLink / PowerDirector/ 12.0/ ShadowEditFiles

Tschüß.
PepsiMan 'no bridge too far'

Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks so much…