Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Round Trip editing in Colordirector presets not showing up.
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

New to ColorDirector and the round Trip editing thing.
I have successfully saved a few presets, but what I'm having trouble with is this:

When I go into CD, make my preset, save it, it turns out in the 'list' of saved presets, and then I press the 'back' button to go back to PD13. My saved preset is NOT there,...this is a little annoying as I want to use the preset on a 'set' of clips, rather than just one.

To make it appear in PD13 I have to exit the software, and turn it on again, then it will show up. This kind of defeats the purpose!
Any ideas? Jenny
Pais [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 17, 2013 04:22 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
You can also do it this way: when you created the preset on ColorDirector export it to your desktop.
Then you come back to PD and you can import the preset

Messaggio agli italiani che utilizzano PowerDirector , ColorDirector o AudioDirector : http://bit.ly/1rKjrav
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that, however, that seems a rather messy way of doing it. I'll end up with desktop presets all over the place.
Obviously its taking itself to PD, but not inserting itself on the open page immediately....not sure why. Jenny
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jenny -

Here, I find there's no need to restart PD to have the presets display properly... but it does seem to take a few moments (not instant).

Sometimes, switching the dropdown from Default to All Presets (or vice versa) will prompt it to display.

Hang on - I just checked on my "lesser" PC & that's not the case. It needed your close/open procedure. Hmm.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jaymay22
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
yeah....I tried that switching default, preset technique, I also tried going right out of that screen into another then back in, but nup.
I also think that my PC is easily able to handle this program. It's got i7 and 16Gb of ram, and 600gb free memory. And a good graphics card. But it's the Fix/Enhance button (and including all it's bits like CD3) that is giving me tons of grief at the moment. see my other post: Fix/Enhance ...bla bla.
I think this is probably connected, though I didn't realise it until today, I have lots of problems, so far only when I'm on the fix/enhance page, or dealing with a clip that has fix/enhance/CD3.

Jenny