Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
crop photos automatically to 16:9
pospiech02 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 17:20 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have photos created with my Nikon D5100 (3:2 format).
The video has 16:9 format. That mean all photos are added with a black line on the left and right.
I can cut all images to 16:9, but that needs to be done for every single image.
Can this be done automatically ?

Version is Powerdirector 13 Ultra with latest updates.
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
I use FastStone (faststone.org) Photo Resizer for this kind of thing. I'm quite sure GIMP can do batch processing of images too, which is more sophisticated and takes a bit of 'coding' on the user's side. I am not sure if any of the CyberLink products can help…
[Post New]
Quote: I have photos created with my Nikon D5100 (3:2 format).
The video has 16:9 format. That mean all photos are added with a black line on the left and right.
I can cut all images to 16:9, but that needs to be done for every single image.
Can this be done automatically ?

Version is Powerdirector 13 Ultra with latest updates.

I use two modes that to adjust the photo to format 16x9.

1 - Directly on the timeline, select a photo, preview appears balls in white on each side of the photo, clik on ball, hold and drag to fill the entire screen.

Now right click on the same photo, in menu that opens, select Copy keyframe Attributes.

Select all photos, right click in the menu select Paste keyframes Attributes.

2 - Select all photos, click button Use Magic Tool ... / Magic Motion in the editor to adjust the image at the beginning and end of the track.

This option is best if you want to images move, the Pan / zoom / etc ..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2014 22:04

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate