Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Good grief! PD12 update just crumped my PD12!
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

I just started up my PD12 to quickly edit a couple of .mov clips and when it was opening I got the pop-up telling me there was an update patch. Being a good and faithful Cyberlink boy I downloaded and installed the patch.

Now my PD12 is FUBAR it seems. The audio is waaaaaaaaaaaay out of sync with the video, both in the preview and also if I drag it down to the timeline.

This is a bummer! Waaaahhhh!!

What should I do? ~Tom~
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I just imported several different file types and tested them. The audio/video syncing is good on all the various file formats, even on a .mov file from a previous time.

Sooooooooo.........

Further investigation needed. FWIW, the .mov files in question play just fine on my PC using a standard media player. So this is quite puzzling. ~Tom~
[Post New]
I wanted to say that for me the update was very smooth... But I don't use a lot of .mov files.
[Post New]
Thanks for the heads up! fortunately I was busy using PD12 so had delayed updating - I think I will wait to see what you find, as I have a lot of these file types in my latest project and I don't what it messed up just now.

These QT .mov files are often a problem with editing suite updates. I remember a similar problem when updating my previous Corel VideoStudio X7 Ultimate package, where it blanked all the .mov clips out.

There's a lesson to be learnt here - hold off updating until beta-tested by others
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
No issues with sync in *.mov files in the media room or timeline here. Not sure if this makes a difference or if there is any connection: I had not yet gotten an update prompt but downloaded the update and installed it anyway. So PDR12 was not running when I installed the update on my machine.

Then again, I don't know if you are prompted to shut down the program before installing the update. In that case it's not an issue. Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
Kmot
[Post New]
Mine was running when I got the prompt but I shut it down before I installed the patch.

I had to resort to Windows Movie Maker to finish my project.

Sheesh.... ~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
I re-installed the patch and it did not fix this issue.

Is there a procedure for reverting back to the prior version? ~Tom~
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Not aware of any procedure to revert back to the previous version. In the past I uninstalled powerdirector via the control panel. restared, and installed the discs, and updated with an earlier patch to try to fix a problem and it worked.
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a procedure for reverting back to the prior version?
YES THERE IS!!!

Right-click on the short-cut you use and select Properties. You should find a tab labeled "Previous Versions".

After the comp searches, you should get a list based on your restore points. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
Kmot
[Post New]
Restore points! Thanks! ~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
Just tried a System Restore, but it failed and gave me a "due to an unknown error" report. Sigh...

Oh well. ~Tom~
[Post New]
If Restore to an earlier date to what happened, not solve.

A new installation, only PD12, can solve.

If you do this first uninstall PD only, after use to ensure the "CLCleaner2-PowerDirector_12.0" tool".

Install PD12 original, test and then upgrade to the latest Patch.

Download CLCleaner tool for PowerDirector 12.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16457&prodId=4&prodVerId=1052

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 07. 2014 12:00

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Kmot
[Post New]
Thank you for the link PLaySound. ~Tom~
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Tom:

I have found, in my experience, that restore points can be unreliable, at best. One trick that I did learn here was to boot off of your Windows start-up repair disk and attempt to initiate a restore point from it. It is common for antivirus software, in particular, to mess with a restore point restore and cause it to fail. Booting off the start-up repair disk ensures that your antivirus software doesn't load and possibly interfere.

If you don't want to go that far, you can try initiating a restore point from a SAFE MODE boot (press F8 repeatedly during start-up). Not all anti-virus components, if any, load in SAFE MODE.

Let us know how you make out, and GOOD LUCK. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Kmot
[Post New]
Thanks Phil.

I wanted to update this issue. I still have PD12 with the latest patch. The .mov file that made me start this thread, still plays out of sync audio/video.

However, today I shot some new .mov video and from a different camera. I just loaded it into my PD12 and it played normally. Audio and video are synced correctly.

So, after all of this it seems just that one days shooting (two separate .mov files) in that particular camera, was glitchy in my PD12.

Strangely, all other .mov files shot using that same camera have played correctly.

It's software. And as the saying goes, "shat happens!" ~Tom~