Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom Color Filters
[Post New]
Hello,

I have perused the Q&A's for PowerDirector, but haven't found anything about custom filters. Like, if you wanted it colored a certain way, would you have to export every frame onto PhotoDirector? I have tried adjusting the opacity of plain color boards, but then it makes the original image go fuzzy. Any thoughts?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I have perused the Q&A's for PowerDirector, but haven't found anything about custom filters. Like, if you wanted it colored a certain way, would you have to export every frame onto PhotoDirector? I have tried adjusting the opacity of plain color boards, but then it makes the original image go fuzzy. Any thoughts?

There is some color adjustments in PowerDirector itself. Put a Clip on the timeline.
Click Fix/Enhance on top of timeline. Check mark at Color Adjustment in the Enhance box.

You have all of the sliders to play with.

Color Director has some presets and does color adjustments outside of Powerdirector.
Color Director is called a Color Grading program.

[Post New]
Thanks a lot for your help! Can you make multicolored filters, by any chance? Look at the link below for reference. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cOHYidS4aQ
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Varan -

When you're overlaying colour filters, you're playing with a bit of complex colour theory - i.e. the impact one colour has on others.

You may find the colour boards can work for you if you also apply some enhancement or colour fixing to the underlying video.

The sorts of filters used in that Behemoth video would have been something like the attached... made by drawing filled rectangles > applying transparency > applying blur (lots) > adjusting opacity of the whole image.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Sky Overlay.png]
 Filename
Sky Overlay.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
588 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Wow...just tried this, and it actually worked. Can you get a transparency effect in, say, windows paint? Or PhotoDirector?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Not PhotoDirector -

I did that one in Paint.NET. I'm not sure whether MS Paint can do the blurring and opacity adjustment.

Most decent graphics software would do it.

In ColorDirector, you can apply gradient masks to do the same kind of thing, though it's a bit more sophisticated than just dropping an overlay on.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
*UPDATE* ok, I figured out how to create the filters. Had to fiddle around a bit, but they do work. Thank you for your help!
Daniel.Saxer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Argentina Joined: Apr 06, 2014 23:08 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!!
You can create a image with transparent background, and add a gradient color,, from up to down, with 10% opacity more/less, and create another similar from down to up with different color, then add to Power director, to the time line, and with the same duration as the video
it works, but not as good Daniel Saxer
Asus GT750
i74700 2.4 + GTX770M + 16Gb ram
[Post New]
Hm...
IrfanView has a nice transparent color selection, but there isn't a lot of grading...trying that bit out with another program. I have already tried the transparency with no grading, and it looks really bad. Thanks!