Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help! Missing data!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Tony,
I tried what you said- and, as you expected, I got the same result (with project #1). With #2, I had to search for those files- and when I did, it worked. So obviously I must've done what you suspected at some point. So... is there a way I can "search" for the lost clips? Or, at this point, would it just be easier to put all of my clips into one folder (no subfolders), resave that folder and "start over" from the place where I've been having the problems?

It is best if you have all of your project assets in one folder.

PDtoots Project management:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o

Part 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
"One last question: each time I add a video file to the timeline, it gives me an error message: Time Frame Rate Conflict- "the frame rate of the video (30FPS) does not match the projects Frame rate (29.97 FPS)... I've tried to change the FPS in the settings- but it says that it is set at 30FPS. Is this part of the problem? Will it be a problem when I try to produce the DVD? "

Open "user preferences" (the gear symbol in the very top row). The first line is "General". You can choose "Timeline frame rate" and enter 30FPS. If you choose yes for "Use drop frame timecode", you'll get 29.97; if you choose no, you'll get 30. You are apparently choosing "no" and getting 30, when you should be choosing "yes" to get 29.97 to match your project's frame rate.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2014 15:46

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Anyway... When I clicked, "add media", it immediately went to a particular subfolder.

► PDR will go to the last folder from which you imported media. That's normal Windows behaviour.

Quote: Last night, when I attempted to learn more about the clips that were "blank", each one listed itself as being from that subfolder- although I know they were not.

► When you say "blank", do you mean they appeared in the timeline as a black space labelled 0,0,0? If so, that has no properties so how could you determine the file location?
► Could you post a screen shot showing your blank files?

Quote: So, am I right in thinking that the program wants to pull files out of that subfolder- files which are not located there? If so, will this fix it?

► No - PDR only wants to import media from the location you choose. It's not thinking for itself - it's doing what you tell it to (except when it doesn't)

Quote: each time I add a video file to the timeline, it gives me an error message

► Just ignore it or turn off that confirmation in Preferences. See? PDR doesn't think for itself!
► or do what Dan said

I'm glad you were able to work through the working folder steps and everything went as expected. That process is a good one to follow - except steps 13. & 16. They'll only cause you problems.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2014 15:58

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: As I was doing what you suggested, I noticed something. I have my videos sorted into different sub-folders (inside of one folders, marked "football videos". Each subfolder is a different game.
Anyway... When I clicked, "add media", it immediately went to a particular subfolder. Last night, when I attempted to learn more about the clips that were "blank", each one listed itself as being from that subfolder- although I know they were not. So, am I right in thinking that the program wants to pull files out of that subfolder- files which are not located there? If so, will this fix it?
At the risk of adding confusion and/or being repetetive, I wanted to illustrate a couple things with a hypothetical project.

Let's say you are starting a new project and have media in the following folders (on an internal HDD):
E:\2014FootballHighlightVideo\Games\BengalsdefBrowns\
E:\2014FootballHighlightVideo\Games\BengalsdefSteelers\
E:\2014FootballHighlightVideo\PicturesofCheerleaders\
E:\2014FootballHighlightVideo\SoundFXandMusic\

1. Create a new project: File>New Project
2. Import your media: File>Import>Media Folder (or Ctrl+W)
3. Navigate to E:\2014FootballHighlightVideo, make sure "Include Subfolders" box is checked and Click>Select Folder.
-->At this point, thumbnails* of all the individual media files (pics, audio, video clips) in the folder and subfolders listed will be visible in your "Media Room." *Note these thumbnails are shortcuts to the actual files.
4. Do not alter the paths or filenames until you have completed the project and outputted your finished video.

Provided you leave the paths and filenames unaltered, whenever you open the .PDS file to this particular project, PDR will "find" them and you will be able to go about the business of unleashing your creative imagination on them and producing a masterpiece.

Hope this helps. Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
fkaMikeB
Senior Member Location: Ohio, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2014 23:22 Messages: 217 Offline
[Post New]
On saving projects:

This is covered beautifully in the PDtoots tutorials and has already been mentioned.

"Save As" is your friend. Just remember to change the name each time, for example:

highlightsvideo001.pds
highlightsvideo002.pds
highlightsvideo003.pds... Mike B.
|>>PowerSpecG311 PC(2014)<<||>>Windows®7Pro 64-bit OS<<|
|MB:AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+|CPU:AMD A10-7850KQuad 3.7GHz|RAM:8GB DDR3|GPU:MSI Radeon™R7 250 1GD5OC|
|HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB|HDD:WD Red 2TBx2|RAID:SansDigital TR5M+B 2TBx3|BD-R:LG BE14NU40 Ext|
|Camera:Canon Ultura miniDV|WebCam:Logitech C910|ADVC110 Analog/Digital Converter|
|PowerDirector12Ultra.2930|PhotoDirector5Ultra.5424|AudioDirector4Ultra.3522|Cyberlink MediaSuite10 OEM|
pumpf78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 13:52 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks everyone; the project (thanks almost completely to you) is finished. For some reason, every time I burn a copy of it to DVD, a scene shows up as "green" on the screen. BUT... I will do some research on the tutorials before asking any of you for help. You guys have done plenty! And, I might add, you saved Cyberling a customer. They ought to put you guys on the payroll! Thanks again!
Deathofadiscodancer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2017 04:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you ynotfish!

You're a life saver. I had been working on a project for close to a week before the program crashed.

I can't thank you enough.