Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I zoom in and out on a title?
Danielle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 22:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I see all the great effects you can have on a title, but can I simply zoom in and out on one? Can I also keep the effects I wanted and zoom at the same time? One more question, How do I get a title at the very beginning of the time line before I display a clip? Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Lisa,

I don't know of a way to zoom in and out on a title directly, but you can do the following. Produce to file that small section of the video with the title you want to zoom in on. Bring the produced video back into PD and put it in the timeline. Use the zoom effect to zoom in. Just a two step process. The original effects you had are in the produced clip as well and you can add more effects. Continue on and on and get as many stacked effects as you like.

To put a title at the very beginning, put a black (or any color) color board in the timeline just before your real clip. The title can apply during the color board. See http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page for color boards if your not familiar.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2008 04:04

Danielle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You Very Much!
Danielle [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried this and it worked, but now I have two more questions.

The zoom is a quick and harsh zoom, how can I get a slower gradual zoom? Could I buy an extra zoom like a download from somewhere?

Also when I produced the title and brought it back unto the timeline, nothing would play after this clip. I dragged a clip next to it and it just stopped at the end of the produced title. Thank you for anyones help. Im new
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Lisa,

Double click the zoom effect. You can control how much it zooms and were in the timeline it zooms with the key frame markers. Play around some, it's the only way to learn. Of course the rate is simply controlled by the duration of the zoom effect, make it longer if you want it to zoom in slower.

You are probably playing the clip rather than the movie. Set the play mode to movie mode in the upper right preview area, or use the hotkey "pagedown".

Jeff
Danielle [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for such speedy replies, I will certainly try that!