Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem creating costom disc menu
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have just started using Power Director 7 and am happy with it so far. However I seem to be running it a lot of trouble when it comes to creating a custom disc menu.

1. I cannot delete any of the predefined menu pages (chapters and subtitles) nor add new ones. Is that possible?

2. When using a template, I cannot change the video in the menu page.

I have tried everything and I can seem to make it work. Please help!

Thank you,

Stephanie
[Post New]
See your other thread on this.
Johnny C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2008 14:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have had similar problems...and a search for Stephanie to find this other thread gave me nothing. My problem is as follows.

I want to create a DVD with a lot of chapters (lets say 70 for argument sake), but I don't like the Japanese characters that were in a downloaded template and would like to replace them with "Scenes" or "Vids" or "My Wedding" or whatever. I cannot edit or delete them.

I can move them, rotate them etc, but I cannot change or get rid of the text. How do I unlock these elements?
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John C,

To change the actuall text you must be in the non-modifiy menu. In other words in the create disc tab.

Hope this helps.
Johnny C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2008 14:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, but if I understand correctly the solution you are proposing is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I want to change the text for the template itself so that I don't have to go through 20 pages of chapters changing it (and also changing it every time I make a new dvd with that template).

Is there any way to change that text for the template? There must be as somebody needed to create the template in the first place.

John
Stephanie
[Post New]
Hi John C,

As far as I know you cannot change the text in the template itself which, your right, can be pretty annoying. But maybe someone knows a way to do so? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for I would definitely use this in the future.

Regards