Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Think I did something wrong with my pd13 download.
[Post New]
I just upgraded from pd 11 ultra to pd13 ultimate and I am not getting everything to show up in pd 13. I got it up and running but I still have director 11 and 13 as separate programs and things are missing in pd 13 as a result. For example. The particle room only has 23 options including the wedding pack and the holiday pack. This can't be correct? I did also spring for the back up disk that is in transit. Should I just wait for it?
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
From what I've read, you need to uninstall pd11 (or pd12) before installing pd13. Others more knowledgable may be able to confirm this.

Oops, per SteveK, what I was remembering was to uninstall the trial version before installing a paid version. Sorry for any confusion...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2014 16:40

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just upgraded from pd 11 ultra to pd13 ultimate and I am not getting everything to show up in pd 13. I got it up and running but I still have director 11 and 13 as separate programs and things are missing in pd 13 as a result. For example. The particle room only has 23 options including the wedding pack and the holiday pack. This can't be correct? I did also spring for the back up disk that is in transit. Should I just wait for it?

I'm not sure what went wrong but I have PD10, PD 12 and PD 13 on my computer and PD13 has about 130 or so particles available. Did you install all the files? Did you have your antivirus active during the install. Sometimes antivirus (and the added features) don;t allow the files to be registered correctly. Try a reinstall/repair.

I know that some people complain about missing stuff if they install the full program over a trial version.
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Okay thanks for all the help and support. I think if I can just hold off till the disk gets here I will be golden. Just had to know something was actually wrong before I went digging in and trying to mess with stuff I knew so little about. Will try to see if I can fix it without stressing while waiting on the mail. Thanks again.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just upgraded from pd 11 ultra to pd13 ultimate and I am not getting everything to show up in pd 13. I got it up and running but I still have director 11 and 13 as separate programs and things are missing in pd 13 as a result. For example. The particle room only has 23 options including the wedding pack and the holiday pack. This can't be correct? I did also spring for the back up disk that is in transit. Should I just wait for it?

I have 85 particles including some downloaded and some custom.

You may not have the contents packs. When I downloaded Director Suite 3 There were three files each file was 1.75 GB each.

1 .exe and 2 .rar files.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.