Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to import old anolog movies and videos
Glenis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2008 23:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am interested to know if there are any old software packages that allow you to import old movies/videos. Due to no sound on the movies they need music and backgrounds more than the digital videos/movies. I have captured them on a TV Tuner card. Would be great if there was software that allows capture of non digital movies/videos
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Glenis,

PowerDVD doesn't do this, but both PowerDirector and PowerProducer let you capture not digital content onto your computer.

To do this, you need:

1. To have a way to capture non digital content. I.e. TV Tuner card or a way to capture with your video card.

2. Program like PowerDirector or PowerProducer.

What format is the original non-digital footage in? PowerDirector and PowerProducer let you capture from a TV and/or VCR. You just need to have the right video input into your computer.

Hope this helped
Dave
Glenis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Dave you have been a great help. I have a TV Tuner card reason I needed the right software to import. I am capturing from VCR and camcorder

The movies are old and I really need to be able to enhance them if I can. I have downloaded PowerProducer 5 (trial) and wonder if PowerDirector would do enchancements to videos

Thanks again :

Glenis
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerProducer doesn't give you much room for flexibility and enhancement of your videos...at least not as much as PowerDirector 7. You can do a lot more with your videos in that program.

Dave
Glenis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dave but I need PowerProducer 5 to import my anolog videos/movies. I will have to use that as I can't get the files into PowerDirector 7. I am pleased I was able to import the files into a software package anyhow

Thanks Glenis