Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Nvidia 3D vision problem
[Post New]
3D is enabled, as in attached picture (it is photo I took while playing movie).

3D Icon at the bottom is enabled.

and subtitle is overplayed as playing in 3D mode.

The movie is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D Blu-ray" (2014) as in :
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-3D-Blu-ray/100310/

Another silly thing: PowerDVD will flash more than 10 times at the beginning of playing this 3D movie.

I will try another 3D movie to see.
[Thumb - IMG_0002-focus.JPG]
 Filename
IMG_0002-focus.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
512 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
221 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2015 11:44

Ulf Erik [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2015 11:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Watsonlinda:

Just wanted to reply to you:

I had the EXACT same problem as you. The EXACT! With only the menus "in 3D" (and subtitles), and nothing else. I have the same monitor as you, and the same 3D-kit.

I also tried the PowerDVD 14 trial..

The thing is.. You have to BUY it.. For some odd reason it doesn't support 3D i "trial edition". For what reason, I do not know.

I took a chance to buy it, since it's a good offer of 55 % until the 27th, and hoping it would work for me *sometime*, since it workes for so many other..

The result: It frickin' works! Didn't have to do anything, other than delete my trial version, and install the file you will be given in a link in an e-mail..

Good luck!
Ian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2015 22:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I get he same thing (only 3D display is Analyph Red/Cyan mode) using PowerDVD 14.0.4704.58 with no updates available.
My PC specs are:
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz Hardware Dual Vid Decode capable fo MVC, RAM 4096, OS Windows 8, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 8Gb, Graphics Driver 9.18.13.4725, BlueRay DiscDrive, Video Connection Digital (with HDCP), Display 3D Alienware231.
I have NVIDIA 3D vision Glasses 2 with connected emitter which operates perfectly with NVIDIA Demos and 3D Games.

The NVIDIA 3D vision should supposedly be usable with Cyberlink PowerDVD 14 - but it obviously isn't and this is something that Cyberlink need to fix.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Read this to see if it applies to your issues: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42276.page .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Ian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2015 22:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think that it does. It is simply that PowerDVD 14 will not recognise the NVIDIA 3D system and won't allow it as a manual setting.
I am using a desktop with the 3D Alienware gaming monitor which all should provide me with the optimum 3D experience. Instead, PowerDVD 14 limits this to something less than ordinary.
djkano2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2014 03:31 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I just buyed a 3D Vision Ready notebook. Again 3D works on all programs, except PowerDVD 14. Now it's clear the problem is PowerDVD, not my 3D setup.

I now have 2 COMPUTERS RUNNING PERFECTLY ALL 3D SOFTWARE, MOVIES AND PHOTOS, except PowerDVD 14.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2015 01:52

renegade [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2015 16:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
unfortunately we are yet not able to reproduce the 3D related Problems dicussed in this thread.

In order to build up an Environment that may can reproduce the Problems we would Need more Information. For those who suffer the symptoms discussed in this thread, please provide:

1. The case ID if you have contacted Support already
2. DXDIAG log file of your platform (as attachment)
3. the exact cabeling info of the Display>PC (HDMI?/DP/...)
4. which 3D BD titles cause this Problem
5. did you try the latest (beta) Patch of PDVD 14: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40771.page

thx
Michael

If someone else is searching for a solution, I just installed PowerDVD 14 and nvidia 3D vision is not working. First I thought it is caused by DP cable or the 144 Hz monitor ... so:

1. not yet

2. wayne?

3. DisplayPort 1.2 (Asus RoG Swift PG278Q @144Hz)

4. just tried some .mkv and .mp4 files - worked fine with old PC and PowerDVD 12 (BenQ 120 Hz Monitor with DVI cable)

5. nope, look at the date.

Got the same problem, tried to set at 120 Hz or 100 Hz, disable hardware acceleration etc.

Solution for me:

Go to Settings -> Upgrade -> Updates

Now it works fine. (144 Hz [120 in nvidia control panel], hardware acceleration on - everything default)

Should've tried that in the first place :p
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
unfortunately we are yet not able to reproduce the 3D related Problems dicussed in this thread.

In order to build up an Environment that may can reproduce the Problems we would Need more Information. For those who suffer the symptoms discussed in this thread, please provide:

1. The case ID if you have contacted Support already
2. DXDIAG log file of your platform (as attachment)
3. the exact cabeling info of the Display>PC (HDMI?/DP/...)
4. which 3D BD titles cause this Problem
5. did you try the latest (beta) Patch of PDVD 14: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40771.page

thx
Michael

Hopefully this is a suitable place to put my response to my 3D Vision issues. I'll post in another separate thread if someone tells me to:

1. Case ID: CS001395291 [closed, no solution]

2. DXDIAG: uploaded via Customer Support here.

3. Cabling: NVIDIA Quadro 4000 connected via 2 separate DVI cables to left and right DLP projectors. Whilst this setup is slightly different than others, the Quadro 4000 supports Nvidia 3D Vision software in the same way as other cards. The only difference here is that the graphics card's settings splits the 3D frames, sending left and right to separate projectors over different cables.

4. Titles causing the problem: All files and tiltles do not play. PowerDVD fails to detect that the display device has support for Nvidia 3D Vision when it actually does.

5. Tried the patch: Yes, and I've updated to the latest version of PowerDVD as of last week. No changes.

As I'd mentioned in my support ticket, every other 3D Vision compatible application already works in my setup (Games, Google Earth, 3D Vision player etc) so my Nvidia config is not the issue here. Also, PowerDVD 13 Ultra worked with this setup but now PowerDVD 14 does not. This means it must be down to PowerDVD's failure to "detect" that the system has support for 3D Vision. If I could turn off this detection, I'd be very surprised if it didn't just work!

For completeness, here's my desktop -- note that the stereo 3D setting on the right is enabled, but PowerDVD wants to say otherwise. Finally, for what it's worth, I do have a second Quadro NVS 450 graphics card in this machine (as shown on the System Information page), but it's not enabled for use.
Keith234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2015 17:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Aloha guys. I seem to having the same problem. I sincerely appreciate any assistance you can provide.

-I have an OPTOMA HD66 projector that is 3D-Ready. (1.3?)

-I have a Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit, with the Vision 2 glasses.

-I use Cyberlink Power DVD 12 Ultra to view 3D movies. All 3 items - the projector, vision kit, and THIS version of Cyberlink PowerDVD all worked in the past...so I'm trying to just keep everything as it was and get it to work again.

Optoma HD66 Projector - I cannot access the 3D settings in the MENU. They are greyed out and I can't move the cursor down while they're like this. I understand this is likely because the projector is not displaying at 120 hertz - which is required for 3D conversion? I don't know how to fix this and I think that is why Cyberlink is acting up.

Cyberlink Power DVD - I get the red text:"Warning - Attempt to run Stereoscopic 3D in non-stereo display mode, please change to a acceptable mode. See documentation for acceptable stereoscopic 3d mode." - the video imagery is all flashing like crazy, and then I see the SBS trying to do its thing. I'm not seeing any 3D when I put on the glasses. In the past I had this red text problem but could see the background in 3D. I'm not even getting that this time.

Nvidia 3D Vision 2 - I have successfully installed the software/drivers. The USB IR Emitter is GREEN, and when I run the 3D Stereoscopic test - the projector converts and the 3D images jump out at me. It seems to be working fine. I don't expect there to be a problem here. THats why I think the problem is with the projector or Cyberlink. This should be a relatively easy fix...I just don't know where to begin.

Any help is appreciated!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2015 18:01

IMRANtv [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2015 00:23 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you WPtE for having made the effort to pursue this. I am frustrated with my CyberLInk purchase. I bought it to do 3D editing. The testing tool had shown that the HP laptop I had was capable of using most of the capabilities but after I installed it, I had no luck. I then decided to get the best set up I could get, the ASUS ROG top of the line (curently) gaming 3D laptop and their SWIFT ROG monitor which I think you also have. I am LOVING the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit as the SAME apps you are able to see 3D in I am seeing it too. But no matter what I do my latest updated versions of CyberLink PowerDirectori and PowerDVD fail to even show hte option of a 3D monitor available in the little drop down menu. More specifically, in the Presferences pane you show below 3D does not even appear for me. In the meantime 3D is working fine in everything else but the app I got my whole wallet crushing set up for. VERY frustrating.

Imran

Quote: Let me answer that question by quoting myself:
Quote: The monitor is hooked up with a display port cable, it's the only input the monitor has.

Furthermore, I'm not trying to switch to 3D HDMI output (they don't work either btw) but to a "NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Monitor":

Also The NVidia control panel tells me I have one of those 3D vision ready monitors:

Autodetection just sets the output to cyan/red colours.

the specifications of my screen can be found here: http://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/specifications/
3D Technology: Shutter Glasses 3D Technology

notes: