Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Nvidia 3D vision problem
Billy7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 27, 2014 17:49 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Ask then to contact Nvidia about the 3d bluray issue as if you get it working you'll find the 3D is botched anyway unless you use the driver I posted earlier.
Read the thread, it's a disgrace.
Surely cyberlink know about this? Haswell 4770k watercooled @4.6 ghz. 16GB RAM,
Nvidia 980TI GTX, Marantz AV7702mk2, Apogee Duet, 3x Adam A77X, 4x Mackie MR5's, 4X Mackie CR4
Panasonic PT-AT6000e projector, 120" fixed projector screen, Panasonic ST30 50" TV.
djkano2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2014 03:31 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded from PowerDVD 13 (mediasuite 11) to PowerDVD 14 (mediasuite 12). And NOW I get the: "The content or devide does not support this mode".

Before upgrading my PowerDVD 13 played A LOT of 3D movies (Blu-Rays and MKVs).
WPtE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2014 13:50 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I had a remote session with Cyberlink just now.
They did some debugging and managed to fix the "MonitorDetect.dll" on the spot.
Now I'm able to view 3D!

I suppose the fix will be made available through an update later on

@Billy:
I didn't see any blurryness so far. I don't think I have that issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2014 03:52

djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm still waiting for that fix...
WPtE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2014 13:50 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm still waiting for that fix...

Well, I suppose I can share a link to the file they updated for me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMSegZOO0CwVVhCNFVydUkzajQ/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-dlKM5fJ9lSzNJWVhhPBL5A
Remember to back up the original file.

It's located in this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Common

That file made it work for me, right now I'm on the 344.48 WHQL drivers.
No blur or other artifacts, 3D video works flawlessly

EDIT:
I've updated the google drive link since the old one was no longer working properly.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 28. 2022 15:33

djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I'm still waiting for that fix...

Well, I suppose I can share a link to the file they updated for me:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMSegZOO0CwVVhCNFVydUkzajQ/view?usp=sharing
Remember to back up the original file.

It's located in this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Common

That file made it work for me, right now I'm on the 344.48 WHQL drivers.
No blur or other artifacts, 3D video works flawlessly

Thank you, but didn't worked for me
Technical support gave me a patch, and nothing. Cyberlink Mediashow 6 allows me to use nvidia 3d vision, but not PowerDVD 14.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I re-scanned this topic to find out if someone had mentioned what I just experienced when installing the program on my new computer but I could not find it. Forgive me if I am repeating someone else.

In the settings for PowerDVD, turn off the hardware acceleration. When I had it set, the program would either give me that message or crash. When I used software, it worked perfectly. I had no artifacts or other issues. I have a NVidia GTX 760 and am using the 344.11 driver-- W8.1

I did let Cyberlink know about this issue. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I re-scanned this topic to find out if someone had mentioned what I just experienced when installing the program on my new computer but I could not find it. Forgive me if I am repeating someone else.

In the settings for PowerDVD, turn off the hardware acceleration. When I had it set, the program would either give me that message or crash. When I used software, it worked perfectly. I had no artifacts or other issues. I have a NVidia GTX 760 and am using the 344.11 driver-- W8.1

I did let Cyberlink know about this issue.

Neither work for me...
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
unfortunately we are yet not able to reproduce the 3D related Problems dicussed in this thread.

In order to build up an Environment that may can reproduce the Problems we would Need more Information. For those who suffer the symptoms discussed in this thread, please provide:

1. The case ID if you have contacted Support already
2. DXDIAG log file of your platform (as attachment)
3. the exact cabeling info of the Display>PC (HDMI?/DP/...)
4. which 3D BD titles cause this Problem
5. did you try the latest (beta) Patch of PDVD 14: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40771.page

thx
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2014 05:13

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
1. CS001403283
2. attached
3. Sony FW900 display. CRT connected by VGA. 1920x1080 at 106Hz (and 100Hz also tested).
4. None and nothing. No mkv, no BD, even if you try to configure 3D settings without playing a file. The error it's the same.
5. I tried patch. I tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling on another disc drive.
6. Mediashow 6 (also included on my MediaSuite 12) detects nvidia 3d vision and can play 3d photos with 3d vision (but it freezes constantly for a few seconds, not only with 3d photos, all interface is lagging). I reinstalled MediaSuite 11 to use PowerDVD 13 and no problem with 3d vision. PowerDirector doesn't suppport 3d vision, so I can not test it. All my 3D software plays perfectly on 3D with 3D vision (including PowerDVD 13, Stereoscopic Player, nvidia 3d vision player, phereo), PowerDVD 14 it's the only one it can not detect 3D vision.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
434 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
as far as I can see from the spec, this Monitor is not compatible for 3d Vision and cannot Support HDCP as well.

Please consider to use an 3D Vision certified Display

br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
as far as I can see from the spec, this Monitor is not compatible for 3d Vision and cannot Support HDCP as well.

Please consider to use an 3D Vision certified Display

br
Michael

PowerDVD 14 only support HDCP monitors? I'm using this monitor for all 3D stuff: 3D games, 3D photos, 3D movies and videos. NVIDIA 3D Vision has supported this monitor since beggining. It support even QuadHD resolutions. I do not want to replace it being so capable of such specs.

If I can't use PowerDVD 14 with this monitor I want my money to be refunded.
djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I didn't received any answer on my opened ticket. I want a refund
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I didn't received any answer on my opened ticket. I want a refund

Perhaps you mis-stated the name of the monitor you are using. Go here to see the names and types of monitors that NVidia 3D vision supports. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-displays.html

Note that none of them are CRT; that is why I asked about the name and type of the monitor.

Contact Cyberlink directly or where you bought the program. This is a users group and not Tech or Sales support. Sometimes, but not often someone from Cyberlink stops by but would not be able to help on the refund.

Did you read the requirements Before you purchased the program? Specs and requirements are here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

Also part of the problem may be that you just do not have enough free space on you hard drives. Get rid of temporary and TEMP files and other using CCleaner, get rid of programs that are either trial or not used using something like REVO Uninstaller in the MODERATE Mode only.

BTW, I am using driver 344.11 on my new W8.1 computer and do not have an issue with 3D playback of 3D videos from my camcorder. I know that doesn't help you; it is just an aside for others who posted in this thread. I do not have any commercial 3D DVD/BR to play.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 06. 2014 08:52

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
djkano2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I didn't received any answer on my opened ticket. I want a refund

Perhaps you mis-stated the name of the monitor you are using. Go here to see the names and types of monitors that NVidia 3D vision supports. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-displays.html

Note that none of them are CRT; that is why I asked about the name and type of the monitor.

Contact Cyberlink directly or where you bought the program. This is a users group and not Tech or Sales support. Sometimes, but not often someone from Cyberlink stops by but would not be able to help on the refund.

Did you read the requirements Before you purchased the program? Specs and requirements are here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

Also part of the problem may be that you just do not have enough free space on you hard drives. Get rid of temporary and TEMP files and other using CCleaner, get rid of programs that are either trial or not used using something like REVO Uninstaller in the MODERATE Mode only.

BTW, I am using driver 344.11 on my new W8.1 computer and do not have an issue with 3D playback of 3D videos from my camcorder. I know that doesn't help you; it is just an aside for others who posted in this thread. I do not have any commercial 3D DVD/BR to play.

1.- I'm using this monitor with 3d vision since a lot of years. All 100Hz CRT monitors are supported.
2.- I contacted Cyberlink directly 3 times, and the las response I had was here, not on my support ticket, I'm still waiting.
3.- I purchased MediaSuite 11 with PowerDVD13 last year and used a lot in 3D with my CRT monitor and 3D vision. There's no any logical reason to drop support to a certain monitors on new version. Mediashow 6 is also included in MediaSuite 12 along PowerDVD 14, and Mediashow detects correctly 3D vision and allows me to play 3d files but not PowerDVD14 included in the same software package.
4.- Space on disk is not the reason.
stevek
[Post New]
djkano, thanks for replying. I did find some information that 3D vision does work with some higher refresh rate CRT but with older drivers. I apologize that I was wrong.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 06. 2014 17:39

[Post New]
Hi ,

I have PC : i7, 16g mem, geforece 670, Asus PG278Q (display port) and Nvidia 3d vision 2 kit. I can play games, view demo, watch video on 3DVisionLive.com in 3D. no issue.

I just installed the latest powerDVD 14 ultra for trial. 3d display set to "Asus 3D Vision Ready 120hz display".

If I watch 2d movie, and enable 3d, i can see the difference (2D-to-3D conversion with depth). However I cannot watch real 3d movie "bluray 3d Ninja turtles", the emitter is activated, all flat, no difference with/without glasses. I only can see movie menu standing out, not movie itself.

very frustrated !

stevek
[Post New]
Just a quick question. Have you paired your glasses with the emitter?

Does this happen with all 3D movies or just this one? .
[Post New]
Yes. I paired, light on emitter was on while play 3d movie, and clicked button on glasses.

As I mentioned, I can watch 2d movie in 3D. For 3d game and 3d demo, NO any issue.

But for powerdvd watching real 3d movie, only flat picture, no depth, the only exception is: movie menu is closer to me as expected in 3D.

see the photoes I took. You can see 3D effect for movie subtitle, but not for movie content.
[Thumb - IMG_0002.JPG]
 Filename
IMG_0002.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1240 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
198 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2015 10:01

stevek
[Post New]
It looks like the 3D is turned off.

Do you have the "source format" set to automatic or to 3D side by side? Did you adjust the 3D screen depth?

Asked again - only this DVD or others also?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2015 07:21

[Post New]
3D is enabled, as in attached picture (it is photo I took while playing movie).

3D Icon at the bottom is enabled.

and subtitle is overplayed as playing in 3D mode.

The movie is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D Blu-ray" (2014) as in :
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-3D-Blu-ray/100310/

Another silly thing: PowerDVD will flash more than 10 times at the beginning of playing this 3D movie.

I will try another 3D movie to see.
[Thumb - IMG_0002-focus.JPG]
 Filename
IMG_0002-focus.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
512 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
221 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2015 11:44