Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Music library init time?
memeiriver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2014 11:12 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Using PowerDVD 14 Ultra (trial), how long does it take for PowerDVD to load my samba musoc library? It just sits there, with a spinning wheel, doing what? (nothing?). Music library is rather large, so a progress indicator would have been nice.
memeiriver [Avatar]
[Post New]
No one?

Well, after several hours I just gave up on it. I'm not even sure PowerDVD was actually 'scraping' anything at all.
[Post New]
I have a similar issue with both my music and my movie libraries - after loading part of my music library, it quit. And it only showed the "preparing the media library" screen message for most of an entire day. I gave up, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and then only permitted it to search my movie library. This worked, although slowly, and after a whole day it only got up to maybe half my movies (2K - I know, a lot but I have a 24TB RAID 5 disc array). So I quit and shut down the computer, and the next day when I loaded up PDVD14 - no movies at all and back to the "preparing the media library" screen, for about 4 hours until I gave it up as a bad job.

Contacted Cyberlink tech support and sent them a bunch of screen shots after updating to the latest versions of PDVD14 and all drivers for my i7-3770K system with AMD 7970 graphics card - no resolution. The last message I got (over a week ago) was that they had to kick it up to the next level. In the meantime I uninstalled PDVD14 and went back to 13, which had no problems. Will give them another week or so before I ask for a refund of my purchase.. Have no idea what changes they made in 14 from 13, but it seems like compatibility with certain systems is an issue.
memeiriver [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have a similar issue with both my music and my movie libraries - after loading part of my music library, it quit. And it only showed the "preparing the media library" screen message for most of an entire day. I gave up, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and then only permitted it to search my movie library. This worked, although slowly, and after a whole day it only got up to maybe half my movies (2K - I know, a lot but I have a 24TB RAID 5 disc array). So I quit and shut down the computer, and the next day when I loaded up PDVD14 - no movies at all and back to the "preparing the media library" screen, for about 4 hours until I gave it up as a bad job.

Contacted Cyberlink tech support and sent them a bunch of screen shots after updating to the latest versions of PDVD14 and all drivers for my i7-3770K system with AMD 7970 graphics card - no resolution. The last message I got (over a week ago) was that they had to kick it up to the next level. In the meantime I uninstalled PDVD14 and went back to 13, which had no problems. Will give them another week or so before I ask for a refund of my purchase.. Have no idea what changes they made in 14 from 13, but it seems like compatibility with certain systems is an issue.

Thx for the reply. Yeah, they need to get on the ball with this one. If ppl can't create proper music libraries, PowerDVD will lose part of its charm, and there are many other companies eagerly waiting to fill the gap.
Torsak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2014 19:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with my music library. PowerDVD14 stopped setup my music library after finding a few albums.
Flipflop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2011 05:21 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Same here