Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink BD &HD DVD Solutions issues
Theo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2008 03:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the LG Blu-ray & HD DVD combo drive and it came with the Cyberlink Bundle software that includes Powerdvd. I did my updates so my powerdvd version is 7.3. However during some of my blu-ray movies it completely freezes and I have to end task to close Powerdvd, however when I look under process its still running powerdvd and I cannot make it end the process. If i try to start Powerdvd again it will not start and only lock my machine down, I have to do a cold shutdown because powerdvd cause it to hang when trying to shutdown normally. Powerdvd does this to me on two of my movies, "King of New York" it freezes at the same scene everytime and "Batman: Gotham Knight" it freezes a few minutes into the third chapter everytime. This is really annoying that i cannot enjoy my movies on this wonderful combo drive. Anyone experiencing these things also my specs are below.

Evga Nforce 780i
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0ghz
4gb Corsiar Dominator PC8500
2x Evga Akimbo 8800GT SLI
WD 150gb raptor
Windows Vista Ulitmate 32bit
Asus 24" LCD monitor
Christian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 10:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem with the BDs. Please check your screensaver settings. I have risen the time for start of screensaver from 30mins to 3 hours - then everything worked out fine!
Just one question for me remains: I can't play HD DVDs with PowerDVD 7.3 and the LG drive. It always tells me that the disc has an unsupported format (in german: Eine Disc mit nicht unterstütztem Format befindet sich im Laufwerk). Playback with Nero Showtime works - but now that I have the PowerDVD-Version 7.3 which should also have HD-DVD playback support I also want to use it!
Can somebody help me out of this?
Theo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had my screensaver completely disabled though and i still have the issue with these two movies. If i skip past those scenes that freezes up powerdvd, the movies will continue to play fine which lets me know it cannot be the movies just those particular scenes in the movie that powerdvd is having an issue with. Its really annoying however, i deal with it......for now. Anyway I was experiencing your issue about the sametime after I created this post. All of a sudden my HD-Dvd wouldn' t play and I got that message about unsupported format etc.... So I emailed Cyberlink because before I could play HD-dvd movies and the one movie that was generating the error "American Gangster" I watched one time before so I knew immediately that the problem wasn't with my LG drive that it was something with powerdvd because I could still play blu-rays. So Cyberlink tech support responded and wasn't helpful they told me that something was wrong with my LG GGC-H20L drive or either the disc wasn't an HD dvd disc. I'm not technically challenged by no means or unable to determine the format of disc i'm trying to play. So after doing some research i found out that a program thats associated with Nero called "InCd" was causing this software issue. Once I uninstalled nero along with "InCd" voila! my HD dvd's were playing flawlessly again. I think because InCd wants to make any disc in your drive formattable or something that it was screwing with the dualitiy of the drive. Just uninstall it and you should be good.
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2008 19:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same setup. I put in a ticket though the support system and got no help. Finally I ended up upgrading my firmware on the drive and that got me to the point where it wouldnt crash as often but I have still not gotten any BD disks to play. DVD's work great though. I even spent the extra $100 for the 8.0 ultra version hoping that would help...no luck. Now I just feel like a sucker for spending the $100.
Christian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 10:16 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Theo,
you're a genious! I deactivated the InCD-Task and - voilá - it works! Now I got the full HD-DVD support! Thanks a lot for your tip!
I hope that somebody can help you as well solving your problem!

Best Regards, Christian
Theo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Christian glad I was able to help