Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
importing 60fps clip onto 30fps timeline
MickyB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jul 02, 2012 09:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to import a 10 second 60 FPS clip into Power Director 30fps project and have it convert to a 20 Second 30FPS clip.
it currently imports as a 10second clip.
I have tried to import it and alter the speed but the results look like the extra odd or even frames have already been lost during the import making the end result not as smooth as it should be.?

I'm trying to generate very smooth slow motion from my DJI Phantom Vision+ drone cam
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is it possible to import a 10 second 60 FPS clip into Power Director 30fps project and have it convert to a 20 Second 30FPS clip.
it currently imports as a 10second clip.
I have tried to import it and alter the speed but the results look like the extra odd or even frames have already been lost during the import making the end result not as smooth as it should be.?

I'm trying to generate very smooth slow motion from my DJI Phantom Vision+ drone cam

You can change your Project format in Preferences > General. Click the drop down, select (60 FPS) NTSC.

It will be the same 10 seconds as the original video when you import the file.

But you can in Power Tools > Video Speed, change the length of the video to 20 seconds (slow Motion).
There may be some dropped or doubled frames.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2014 09:40

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

MickyB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jul 02, 2012 09:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
'Hello

So it appears it is not possible to achieve the desired outcome in PD12 ?

I suspect this is a feature request for PD13
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 'Hello

Carl told you how to do it so I'm not sure why you said it can't be done. Have you tried it?

Why don;t you upload a few seconds of the video right from the camcorder and post it here or to a file sharing site. We can play with it to eliminate any issues related to your computer like CPU and GPU.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 29. 2014 12:32

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
This is an old subject but I wanted to confirm that if you import, for example, 50 fps to a 25 fps timeline and then use Video Speed to adjust the rate to X0.5 it will use all the original frames for a smooth slow-motion. http://HiBlue.com
Video studio in Bonn, Germany
Audree [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2020 17:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 'Hello

Carl told you how to do it so I'm not sure why you said it can't be done. Have you tried it?

Why don;t you upload a few seconds of the video right from the camcorder and post it here or to a file sharing site. We can play with it to eliminate any issues related to your computer like CPU and GPU.

So he asked about dropping 60fps in 30 fps timeline. You told him to change the timeline. Doesn't that change everything else in the timeline. I have the same situation. The question is can you do multiple framerates in one timeline ???
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It works.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The question is can you do multiple framerates in one timeline ???

Yes, and generally speaking you should set the project's frame rate to match the highest fps clip in your project. When you produce, you'll usually get the best results by producing to the same fps rate as the timeline.

To speed up or slow down individual clips, use the Video Speed tool.