Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
difficulties with registration voice
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
Member Location: Swizterland Joined: Jul 23, 2014 16:04 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I want to ad some text in my movie as Always done with Others programs of editing.
but the problem is the microfone ho is working give me a low voice and can't success to ahve a higher voice

the when I register it's need 1 minuts before the capture of the voice appears in the time line! it's normal??? also when the window who say the capture is going go away if I don't click where I start to register nothing arrives!

for me it's terrible to not be able to ad a good comment with good voice (level I mean)

what I can do? any advice are welcome

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I want to ad some text in my movie as Always done with Others programs of editing.
but the problem is the microfone ho is working give me a low voice and can't success to ahve a higher voice

the when I register it's need 1 minuts before the capture of the voice appears in the time line! it's normal??? also when the window who say the capture is going go away if I don't click where I start to register nothing arrives!

for me it's terrible to not be able to ad a good comment with good voice (level I mean)

what I can do? any advice are welcome

Good Quality is King.

Good Microphone to start. Adjust the Microphone Volume in Windows Audio Manager. My Realtech Hd Audio Manger can boost the Microphone input by up to 30 DB. Which Sound card/device you have in your computer makes a lot of difference.

I have other computers that have a poor Microphone performance.

I use a USB Headset that has software and an attached microphone that is very good and loud.

My Headset is a Rosewill Audio Pro RHM-6308 from Newegg.com
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You can amplify your audio in the Audio Mixing Room but only by 12dB (about four times).

If you want to amplify more, you can use WaveEditor (right click on your audio clip, select Edit Audio, and then select WaveEditor). Use Volume -> Boost on the left. You can also only amplify by 12dB but you can do so repeatedly to desired level.

However, as Carl points out, good initial recording is essential because amplifying your voice in the recording also amplifies noise in the recording. The noise level will be more or less always the same in absolute terms when you record but you need to optimise the level of signal from your microphone to be much higher than the noise. If you are recoding with mice from within PowerDirector, you should set the Adjust Audio Input Level slider so that the level indicator (to the right of the slider) goes just below red at maximum...
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks… I am trying some solutions too, as maybe my microphone who was perfect is now broken? could be and so this could explain part of the problems? also because during the comments after the first 10 I had to increase latency and output and input… and again after some more registration….

I already try to increase the voice but this is not a good solution indeed… the voice must be more perfect possible without after to make some more operation after!

after having trying with another poor microphone I think the good one is broken, as the poor one works… I can heard well the voice…

and again thanks...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2014 06:54

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Angelo, if your problems persist, could you provide some screenshots to show what exactly is wrong, step by step?
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes, will do…. now Monday will go to buy another microphone, the poor one I have is really not good at all… but we could understand that maybe where was the problem.

until now using studio pinnacle 15 never got such kind of problem, just connect the microphone (the one who is now out of order) and could speak and all was okay immediately!!!

by the fact I ad another question right now about long time capture registration: i have to wait almost 1 minute any time before the registration appear on the timeline… it's normal???? with studio 15 it was immediately
Jirka.Bolech
[Post New]
I think that waiting for the microphone recorded audio on the timeline is how PowerDirector works. So it is normal. When you stop recording, the audio file is first saved on your hard disk, and only then it shows up on the time line. You probably have a relatively slow computer if it takes too long. I would recommend closing all other foreground applications when using PowerDirector as a most basic measure...
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
okay,
my PC is only for making film, and it has 8 giga, new card… so maybe not so slow… but if you say that's normal to wait almost 1 minute… I'll have to prepare me to be sooo patient!!!

of course I close all others application when make movie...
Jirka.Bolech
[Post New]
I don't use PowerDirector for microphone recordings. I just tried it with a relatively short sample. I still think you just have to wait for the audio file to save on the hard disk but there might be some other factors affecting it. Perhaps you'll find a faster way (by coincidence).

Do you see the wav file saving progress bar while you are waiting for the audio clip to show up on the timeline? Also, how long is the audio when you have to wait one minute? Is it really one minute or a shorter time?
lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
when finish the recording, and my texts are long average 15 seconds, sometimes less! i saw a window who say in progress but move nothing… and after 30 seconds but I think more, for me it's an eternity as really long respect when using studio 15 , the window desapear and if I don't click on the time line wait again that arrive the was file…

on it lain forum video makers.net one told me it must arrive immediately

so maybe it's my worse microphone…
tomorrow will try again with the new one and … i'll learn to be patient??!!

thanks
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
lunasiatica111,

You can try Audacity Audio Editor (Free).

You can find out if your Microphone is the problem.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

lunasiatica111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes i thought about this… and I download it today! I wanted to do with quick time player and so make a prove by register 5 texts and the problem is PD don't want the file make by quick time!!! it's seem a joke!!
for today it's enough… will see again tomorrow with new microphone and audacy or similar!!

thanks so much!