Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT setting, is this now safe to use?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sure I 've already seen this mentioned in the forum but now I can't find it

Just wondering if anyone uses the Allow SVRT on single IVR H.264 video?
If so, does it improve performance of the produced file?

While I'm on the subject, does anyone use the "Reduce Video blocky artifacts" ?

If you don't, then why not OR how did it affect your output as I'm just curious

Cheers
[Thumb - svrt.jpg]
 Filename
svrt.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
SVRT setting on?
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
333 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2014 12:29

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT may improve speed. Click the ? in the top-right corner of the PD interface. Click on INDEX and type "SVRT" for details on how it operates.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: SVRT may improve speed. Click the ? in the top-right corner of the PD interface. Click on INDEX and type "SVRT" for details on how it operates.

Thanks borgus1 I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
HansR [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Allen, TX Joined: Jan 15, 2015 16:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Researching SVRT (having issues) and came across this post. 5 months old now so may not be seen.

But I would add two things.

1 - SVRT can definitely improve speed, but just as importantly, it preserves the quality of the source video it is able to smart-render (SVRT) because it does not re-encode it. That's a big deal in my book.

2 - Allowing SVRT on single IVR H.264 video will sometimes enable SVRT where it would not work if that was not checked. Hans R
i7-920, 12GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 780
Windows 7 64bit
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Researching SVRT (having issues) and came across this post. 5 months old now so may not be seen.

But I would add two things.

1 - SVRT can definitely improve speed, but just as importantly, it preserves the quality of the source video it is able to smart-render (SVRT) because it does not re-encode it. That's a big deal in my book.

2 - Allowing SVRT on single IVR H.264 video will sometimes enable SVRT where it would not work if that was not checked.

thanks HansR, I now use this setting all the time I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.