Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I add video to the main page of the menu?
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2008 16:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I can see some templates have a video (pointing to the first video in the list).. how can I change that. How can I add that to my custom menu?
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have been trying to do so forever!!!...very frustrating! I can't seem to make it work! You would think its a basic thing to be able to do in a menu...
Raphael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2008 16:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
You, me and many others... someone spent 3 days trying to do that. Folks have done so.. cause I can see there are free templates that have it.
Just the folks who know it do not seem to want to share that info.

My guess is they are using some alternate program to make that.

Such a simple function... I wonder why it is not an obvious edit function.
Stephanie
Newbie Location: Montreal,Canada Joined: Oct 08, 2008 14:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
indeed! That seems to be the pattern with the menu editing of the program in general. I am having a lot of difficulty creating menus how I want, and many basic menu function are not available. I can't even change the menus original layout! (3 pages, main, chapters, subtitles)...maybe its just me...
[Post New]
Folks, no one is trying to "not share" with you.

Just a couple days ago I "stumbled" on a few things while trying to "feel" my way through using the template with one video frame and 2 "items".

One: The edit mode appears to allow you to add text but not edit existing text. It may allow you add other things but I don't have time to go play with that now.

Two: Editing of existing text on the menu template must be done in the non edit mode (can't remember if it's called "review" or what but you can play and test video and menu function there. You can edit the existing menu template text there and you can set where you want the video showing in menu "window" by positioning the "scrubber" (the vertical line you move through the video with) where you want the few seconds of video in that window to start.

And there is a second menu page that needs the text edited. It will show when your video program reaches the end. And there may be a third "end" page I haven't found yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2008 18:44

Stephanie
[Post New]
Hi Bif!
Thank you for you help and sorry if I made it sound like I was not appreciating the support, because I am.

I get what you are saying, but do you know if it is possible to complitely change the video in the template menu, so that it is from an other source then the original video? Like a separate video file.

Thank you for you help!

Stephanie

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 08. 2008 23:43

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Stephanie

To add a video to the back of the main page try the following:
1) In the Create Disc area select new
2) the icon at the top just to the right of save is "replace background image or video", click and add a mpg file that you have created for your background, answer question about all pages, just select main for now
3) Enter preview mode in menu designer (icon to the left of font names)
4) click play at the bottom to see what you have done
5) return to edit mode in menu designer
6) use "select video effects in menu buttons on the lower right to add an effect like zoom out and adjust controls as desired
7) save and name

Is that what you want?

Jeff
Stephanie
[Post New]
I JL,
I was abble to do that fine. It is probably what I will end up doing. But What I wanted to know is this:

When using a predefined template or a downloaded template, the video ''window'' of frame will be showing the beginning of my original video. Is their a way to change that? Can I put a different video in the window like i did when creating a new menu?

thank you for your help.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2008 09:23

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Stephanie

Sorry, I understood you were asking about background video for the main pages that can be displayed. If you are talking the chapter thumbnail that's played, yes you can modify that too, but it has to be a section of video that's in the time line, not a seperate video. You do that when you define chapters. Use the set as chapter thumbnails to select any portion of the video in the timeline. So chapter 1 is at time 0:00 but can use a video thumbnail from footage at 12:00 if you want. If video thumbnail is enabled in the create disc options, the video displayed for chapter 1 will be the section of footage at 12:00.

Jeff
Stephanie
[Post New]
Thank you very much JL!
This answers my question!!

Does it work the same way for for the disc main page? I know some templates display a video on the main page in addition to the ones in the chapter pages, but I couldn't find were to chose which part of the video to put there.

Thanks again for your help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2008 11:10