Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My own little review of "AMD Fluid Motion Video" in PDVD
[Post New]
First, I want to say that generally, it's nothing short of amazing. It makes regular blu-ray movies look like they were filmed in 48fps like the recent Hobbit movies. I just watched "Revenge of the Sith" (out of many others I just watched a few parts of to test) with the feature turned on, and it's jaw dropping.

The only problem seems that in very rare cases, when you have thin details like stars or thin gratings, the algorithm fails a bit and you have some flickering. Maybe you can work this out with AMD. But it's very rare, only happened in like 3 scenes in Revenge, which is a star and grate heavy movie.

Great feature overall, and if you guys manage to work out the rare artifacts with AMD, then it'll be perfect. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
[Post New]
I just watched "Avatar" again, but with AMD Fluid Motion Video turned on. No matter what you think about the story, I think very few aren't going to agree the movie is one of the most visually impressive one of these last years. Well, AMDFMV raises it to another level of amazing. As before, every little details is visible in every scene, but also, those details remain visible in the fast heavy action scenes.

I'm impressed. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
[Post New]
interesting. i don't have an amd card [atleast not a modern enough one,] is this like the pathetic trutheater motion / motion interpolation where it just kicks in for panning scenes and just looks wierd? is there footage of such demonstration? does nvidia currently have an equivalent?
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: interesting. i don't have an amd card [atleast not a modern enough one,] is this like the pathetic trutheater motion / motion interpolation where it just kicks in for panning scenes and just looks wierd? is there footage of such demonstration? does nvidia currently have an equivalent?

I would like to know also if it works with NVIDIA, I asked customer service and they answered some of my questions, but not the one if it works with NVIDIA or not _ or how to make it work with NVIDIA.
The True Motion choice is greyed out while the Blu-ray is playing.
The function to split the screen, increase sharpness and brightness is there, but not True Motion.
I can go out and buy and AMD card, but I really hate the CCC, it's not user friendly at all.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2014 17:46

a [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2014 09:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]