Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing background on Theme Designer
[Post New]
Hi,
There several posts on the Theme Designer. None seem to address the problem I encountered. I have tried to slightly modify background in Note Book theme. The theme designer does not allow for an alternative background. However, the background jpeg file can be located under the theme program Files\cyberlink\PowerDirector12\Style. When I substituted the background picture I desired (naming it the same as the original), the theme designer does not use the substituted images. Any suggestion on getting the desired background as part of a modified theme?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kuroshio -

It's hard to answer your question without knowing exactly which images you're "swapping". The Notebook theme has a number of .png files.

Also - in which particular folder are you swapping images? Note_NonFS or Notebook_FS?

Another question - on my PC, the templates for "Notebook" are installed in two places (so they appear twice in the TD interface)
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector12\Styles
and C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 12\PowerDirector 12 Content Pack Premium\Styles Do you have the same thing or not?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
As always your answers are helpful. From you observation that there are two Note Book themes, I retraced my steps and realized that I was changing the file in the Note Book theme that I was NOT using. Once I changed the file (file name 476476) in the theme selected from the PD12 menu, the new background was correctly inserted. This approach allow background themes (and other images) to be changed (when the program does not provide that option) to a theme that better matches the "theme" of your video. For example, I am making a video of a recent visit to Beijing and wanted the background in the note book theme to have a Chinese flavor rather that the one provided.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.