Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GUI redraws
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hiya,

I'm a relative newbie to PD and I'm having some basic problems regarding system performance with PD, in this post specifically with the GUI when I have more than two or three HD clips. I knew I was going to be shooting large files so I built an I5 with 28GB of RAM and a GenForce GTX 770 with 4GB on board. My DxDiag is attached. I have the latest version of PD and am running Win8

Many times, usually after I "split" a segment, my screen loses many of the interface components and I have to either mouse over them one at a time OR minimize and restore the entire interface to force a redraw. I can't imagine that a machine like I'm on would have a hard time with such a thing, so I have to imagine that it's my configuration? (I hope).

Also noteworthy is the fact that I have not yet found the time to install my SSD as a system drive and am therefore running on a single drive system. I know this slows down video editing, but I wouldn't imagine that is what's causing my GUI to lag bigtime in redraws.

Any and all help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found my answer by searching different term. Mod: Feel free to delete this.

rcohen
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
My DxDiag
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2014 15:03

RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
[Post New]
See if your problem is the same discussed in this topic.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30321.page AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, indeed... and I have posted there as well as you have. Thanks a bunch for the heads up! I am really hopeful of a resolve on this issue.

I spent a good amount of money on my hardware and I would love to be able to benefit from that. At this point, I'm starting to look around at options to cut my loses while I can. If they don't resolve this soon, I am going to be forced out of this arena and into a more stable system <sigh> Do you use anything other than PD ?

Thanks again for the dialog PS

rcohen RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The "vanishing" UI is a little annoying, but it is easily overcome.
PD is so much fun, and so packed with ability, I just ignore it and go on.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You're not alone in the "vanishing" UI issue. I stuck in another report on the matter. The issue has been around for a long time in previous builds of PDR. I'm sure Barry (and playsound) responded to reports on the same issue a few years ago.
Dafydd
rcohen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The "vanishing" UI is a little annoying, but it is easily overcome.
PD is so much fun, and so packed with ability, I just ignore it and go on.

Hi Barry,

Yes, I would love to say that's my only problem however. I also get glitches in my renders that seem to be affected by things in the other layers. EVEN when they are set to invisible (by clearing the check mark to the left).

The bottom line determination will be when I finally get the chance to put in my SSD that's been laying in the drawer for two months. If I am STILL having these problems after that, I will have no choice but to look into another platform. I need to be up and rolling quickly I have obligations heading my way.

But yes, it looks like one cool little toy.... if it would only play ball ;

Dafydd, Yes, that's the part I find a bit frustrating as a new guy on board. To find a problem like this one in a video editing (graphics) package is one thing. To realize that it's been this way for YEARS is quite another. I'm OLD and don't have that much time <grin>. No, but seriously, I spent a lot of bucks on a puter so I didn't HAVE these issues, and if I have to spend a few more bucks to get more stable software, then I'll just chalk it up to a learning experience.

Meanwhile.... thanks a bunch for the feedback... at least at this point I realize it's not ME ;

Cheers

rcohen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2014 04:31

RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital