Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Registry - Cyberlink Michael please take a look ;-)
[Post New]
Hello, in powerdvd 13, there were certain registry keys which were left behind which the cleaning tool doesn't remove either. The issue was when you right click certain media files, "play with powerdvd" existed after uninstall apparently on certain configurations only. Cyberlink Michael posted the offending reg keys which could be removed manually which did the trick. Unfortunately, a similar issue exists on powerdvd 14 but in relation to discs. When you right click a bluray disc in "my computer" it says "play with powerdvd 14" after uninstall. Does anyone know which keys to remove this time round?
[Post New]
ok, i've done my own test.

if you have latest patch 4223, you'll notice files have play with powerdvd. there are too many to handle through regedit, but a quick fix is to install the beta uninstaller provided by michael in the 1st beta update. then remove it. this will take care of file associations. in terms of disc types,

hkey_classes_root\___\shell\PlayWithPowerDVD14.0

dvd
bluray
audiocd
endvd
mixed
musicfiles
pic
svcd
vcd
videofiles

you need to delete the folder playwith....

consider this a beta context menu fix. i have done test but aren't absolutly sure until i have more time.
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, had to remove about 50 registry-items for removing this "Play With Powerdvd14.0 " !!
The easiest way to remove this garbage is by using a registry-tool, in which you can make a deep-search for these items.
First back-up(!),then remove all the items you found, and your done!

Have to do this after every patch or update again!! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!