Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
National characters in titles
[Post New]
How do I change font codepage in titles?

I am from Poland and I want to use polish-specific characters in titles but I cannot because all fonts are set up for just standard western (ie english) characters.

In most editors like Word, Photoshop, you can change so called "script" from standard "western" into "eastern" and then it is possible to use eastern specific characters. This is not the case in PD.. or I am missing something? _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom -

I'm not sure how to do what you're asking, but here's an easy way to get your text into PD.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Polish Paste.png]
 Filename
Polish Paste.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
124 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2014 04:58

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I change font codepage in titles?

I am from Poland and I want to use polish-specific characters in titles but I cannot because all fonts are set up for just standard western (ie english) characters.

In most editors like Word, Photoshop, you can change so called "script" from standard "western" into "eastern" and then it is possible to use eastern specific characters. This is not the case in PD.. or I am missing something?

Hi teedee,
You are right in your assessment and while I have been "playing" with PDR12 Titles I see the answer above describes the method I have to adopt when writing letters with a circumflex. Dŵr (water) will copy and paste from Word (and only after I have a tweak program to make typing easier) after I have applied the change but will not write in Titles the letter "ŵ". I'll pass on your concerns to CyberLink. Titles have had this set up for a long time and should be perhaps be more adaptable.
Dafydd
[Post New]
@Tony
You surprised me with such an easy workaround! but still, this is the level of free software dis-functionality, not what I expect from software like PD

@Dafydd
It surprises me a lot, that Cyberlink didn't implement such kind of functionality.. it should be obvious.. I don't even know what to say..?

Thank you both for answers.