Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 v2930 patch
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well, that rules out the easy fix! Maybe a new support ticket with tech support is warranted for this issue. Do you think you can recreate it to see if Detect Scenes actually plays a role?

You could also try those same steps with multiple copies of the same clip, rather than different clips and see if the problem still occurs. Also pay attention to where the affected clips are in the timeline.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I have a problem with what I consider a "challenged" video output. I have an i5 with 28GB and, a GenForce GTX 770 with 4GB on board.

I am sure my problems are with my current config and also the fact that at this moment, I am a single HD operation. I have an SSD in the drawer but am needing a hole in my schedule to do the switch over. I acquire, edit and output to MP4, 1920/30 frames (16Mbps) and the glitches I see during preview are ALSO showing in the output ;-(

My interface and preview are also riddled by a struggling graphics output to the point where sometimes when loading a lot of HD clips the interface doesn't refresh well and I have to inconify the interface and bring it back into focus to force a redraw.

This baffles me because I tried to the best of my ability to purchase enough resources to avoid this issue .... and so I believe this is a configuration issue, but I don't even know what to look for.

I have verified that I have the latest patch, etc. But so far, once after updating my magic music feature locked me up (without the recovery file operating upon return). I am licensed Sonicfire and am fully operational in that regard.

I appreciate any and all help in this matter.

Cheers

rcohen RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert. You should start a new thread for your issues because what you're describing is beyond any of the changes that came in the 2930 patch. Please start with the single biggest issue you have and name the thread appropriately so that people know what you're asking for help with.

Please take a look at the Dos and Don'ts post first, and be sure to attach the DxDiag results to your first message.

Thanks!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
optodata, yes thanks for the tip... I felt this WAS a patch issue since I did not have that issue prior. But I will be happy to start another thread...

Cheers

Most Anything Digital
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm still having link/unlink issues. It's been awhile, but it's definite.
13 timelines in a 15 minute production with 3 types of video files (Nikon mov/i-phone 4/ Canon AVC), jpegs, lots of audio clips sound FX. I would like to add more facts, but I get clicking and click click click, wha happened? All I can say it it's still going on.
Quote: I've also been bothered a few times by "auto" "unlinking" video and audio tracks. While trying to col correct just using the Fix/Enhance tools recently, ........
Cheers

Hi BarryTheCrab & Kyle 40,
I have been monitoring this thread. CyberLink would like to have more data to work on, to try and replicate the un-linking issue you've both experienced.
Please can you, in list form, state the actions you took to create the problem of un-linking?
Dafydd

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 15. 2014 05:03

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't notice until I watched my video the next day, so I cannot recall what I did.
To be honest, I get so involved going click click click, only a keyboard recording device/app would EVER be accurate. I never use a 60 FPS timeline, that I am sure of.
I could pack the project and DropBox it, or screen record screen shot my timeline, other than that, I suspect it has to do with adding removing content, and maybe the undo function.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Hi BarryTheCrab & Kyle 40,
I have been monitoring this thread. CyberLink would like to have more data to work on, to try and replicate the un-linking issue you've both experienced.
Please can you, in list form, state the actions you took to create the problem of un-linking?
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd
I've gone over my editing and tried to replicate the unlinking issue and I did achieve it! It can happen at almost any duration along the timeline!

So how did it happen ?

I have a lot of material in my Media Room with some video clips containing more than one shot. I have found that the easiest way for me to find the shots to include in my edit, is to use the Detect Scenes mode. The thing I do like about this Detect Scenes is that once you've sub clipped your video, the clips stays in a little folder with the clip, in the media room. It's a brilliant idea.
I do need to point out, that when I have used Detect Scenes I always press STOP to prevent the Detect Scenes to stop the automatic process as I need to select the scene content myself. ( I've used the auto function and it never finds what I'm after! )

It is these clips created with the Detect Scenes, that once added to the timeline, can produce the unlinking !

I have remade the edits using just the Trim mode and have found the video has remained in sync in every edit. I can't find away while using Trim Mode to keep any clips separate in the media room. It just feels wrong having to place the whole video clip in the timeline to find a short shot as I'm so used to being able to find the clips then perform the edit.

( Clips Bin = Media Room Terminology from another edit system that I've used for years )

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both for your speedy replies. I have passed the information onto CyberLink. I'll let you both know if I have any further requests from them.
Dafydd
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you both for your speedy replies. I have passed the information onto CyberLink. I'll let you both know if I have any further requests from them.
Dafydd

Cheers Dafydd I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kyle 40,
Some update news.
CyberLink are attempting to reproduce the issue you've posted here, they have requested a sample project as the steps you've taken are unclear to them regarding scene detection. In addition, they're asking what the timeline frame rate you're using is?

When you're able to put a project together for CyberLink to replicate the issue, let me know and I'll give you the FTP links via PM.

Dafydd

Edit: Altering the information posted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2014 06:27

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I just opened a single-file project and quickly noticed the A/V unlinking.
You will also see it shows 2 files checked as if both were in the timeline, but only 1 is.
The first (left) checked file was used in the project. The 2nd (right) was the previous file I used, but then overwrote with the file that is now unlinked.
The unlinking did not happen until AFTER the project was burned, and then project and PD closed.
[Thumb - A-V unlink.png]
 Filename
A-V unlink.png
[Disk]
 Description
BtC-file unlink 2930
 Filesize
220 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jul 20. 2014 18:57

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle 40,
Some update news.
CyberLink are attempting to reproduce the issue you've posted here, they have requested a sample project as the steps you've taken are unclear to them regarding scene detection. In addition, they're asking what the timeline frame rate you're using is?

When you're able to put a project together for CyberLink to replicate the issue, let me know and I'll give you the FTP links via PM.

Dafydd

Edit: Altering the information posted.

Hi Dafydd

Thanks for the update, I'll "attempt to create another unlinking project. ( sorry for the delay in getting back but had trouble with broadband, maybe too many people trying to connect at same time )
cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both.
BarryTheCrab, I have forwarded the additional data/observation to CyberLink.
Please let me know Kyle 40 when you're ready. Delay/Net issue, could have been caused by the lightning.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2014 03:43

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
When I exported the project as a PPM, both files were included, the one in the timeline, and the previous timeline resident. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you both.
BarryTheCrab, I have forwarded the additional data/observation to CyberLink.
Please let me know Kyle 40 when you're ready. Delay/Net issue, could have been caused by the lightning.
Dafydd

Hi Dafydd

Just managed to create a new project with my usual settings. I'm working in Pal 50 frms. ( see image #1) I'm also using a Win 7 PC
I've just used some of the same video files from my last project.
With my first video clip, I used my "Detect Scenes" method (see image #2) then I used the same method for 3 further video clips.

OK, my method with the Detect Scenes involves clicking on the Detect Scenes link that appears when you mouse over the clip in the Media room. As soon as the Detect Scenes tool window opens, it automatically plays the clip. I don't want it to do that, most of my clips are short and contain one shot plus the auto process never find the shot for me. I just need to select the part of the video clip with the best content for my video. See image #2
I then press the play button then once I find the start of the video clip, I press the Split button and repeat the process for the last frame of my video clip. Once finished, I may just continue sorting through the rest of the video in the Media Room before placing the video clips in the timeline.

Once I'm happy with my selection of video clips I'll start the edit by place them into the timeline, usually manually.

I used this edit process with this short video sequence, I even pressed the save button as usual. Everything appeared normal with no split clips.

I then closed PowerDirector by clicking on the little X in the top right hand corner. As soon as the screen had cleared I then opened the project from my Start menu. It took around around 7 secs for my project to launch completely, ready for editing. It was at this moment that I noticed only 3 of my clips in the timeline were split! On closer inspection I notice that there was a 1 frame edit on the video track that I hadn't created and the video and audio were still linked, according to PowerDirector, plus no tools available.

I next went on to use the same video that I had used to create the sub clips, but this time I used the little blink on the timeline to insert the clip in the sequence.

I next saved the project then reopened it and the new clips were all OK.

There are 7 video clips in sync on my timeline. The 8th and first split clip, is at 37 seconds and 10 frames. The last clip finishes at 51 secs.

I hope that has helped shed a bit more light on this issue.
[Thumb - timeline 1.jpg]
 Filename
timeline 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline showing 3 unlinked frames
 Filesize
413 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)
[Thumb - detect scenes 1.jpg]
 Filename
detect scenes 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Detect scenes pressed stop.
 Filesize
189 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
170 time(s)
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Ooops image #3

On closer inspection the clips are not 1 frame out but just 1 of the tiny points on the timeline in between 1 frame In other words part of 1 frame

Yeah, that thunder & Lightning was spectacula
[Thumb - out of sync.jpg]
 Filename
out of sync.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Split clip 1 frame out
 Filesize
420 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
174 time(s)
[Thumb - CU trks.jpg]
 Filename
CU trks.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Close up of audio track
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 22. 2014 17:06

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Barry for the additional information, it has been passed on.

Thank you Kyle 40 for the additional data/images, these are useful for CyberLink to see what you're looking at. I have passed everything onto CyberLink.

Kyle 40, while your computer will "struggle" as it's an i5 with HD files, it is more of a struggle for the computer having to produce shadow edit files. You should try to edit mts HD files without shadow files.

Dafydd
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you Barry for the additional information, it has been passed on.

Thank you Kyle 40 for the additional data/images, these are useful for CyberLink to see what you're looking at. I have passed everything onto CyberLink.

Kyle 40, while your computer will "struggle" as it's an i5 with HD files, it is more of a struggle for the computer having to produce shadow edit files. You should try to edit mts HD files without shadow files.

Dafydd

Hi Dafydd Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if the shadow files were actually helping or not but I'll switch off that facility.
Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Hi Dafydd Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if the shadow files were actually helping or not but I'll switch off that facility.
Cheers

Hi Kyle 40,
You should be ok. It's easy enough to revert.
Where you've used Shadow Files in an ongoing project, they'll still be used/called upon, as the local address in the pds is to them (I'm guessing/trying to remember if I'm right).
I've seen Shadow Edit files throw up some strange issue - often caused by interrupting the file production.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2014 06:51

rcohen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, is this to say that all i5's are expected to struggle with HD files ? I have an i5 also, and am having some problems, but I also have 28GB of RAM and a 4GB, very capable graphics card. What would it take to be able to use PD without the struggle ?

Thanks

Most Anything Digital
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kyle40,
CyberLink would like to have your original project files or ones that do the same issue if you still have the problem. Is that a possible?

Did switching off/unchecking Shadow Edit files help?

Hi Barry,
If you have any project that would help here then please provide it also.

Both:
CyberLink are keen to have data to replicate, so far they've not been able to from the information given.

Dafydd