Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
very very slow and freeze
brunodub011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2014 05:03 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Very weird,
I have not changed any hardware nor install new update of PD12. I have been worki,g on huge projects without any problem. And suddenly, blackout. When I launch the project, it takes time to load all the thumbnails. And then when I try to do do any editing action, it takes ages to perform, when it performs.
I try to leave a message to technical support but their Tech support seems to be down.
Anyone experienced that before ?
Tks
Bruno
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you cleared out the temp and shadow files lately. (Make a copy of the project first just in case). Do you have enough free space on your hard drive? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
brunodub011:

I had something similar occur to me after an nVidia driver update. It appears that my antivirus software somehow interfered with the driver update. A clean install resolved that issue.

If you post a dxdiag (instructions in a sticky thread at the top of the Forum) it might assist us to help you diagnose what might be causing the problem. No personal information is divulged in a dxdiag file.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
brunodub011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2014 05:03 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot. Stevek, yes and I clean my PC and my disk is a 2TO, only devoted to editing, so I have plenty of space.
Phil, I updated my Nvidia driver recently, so that might be the cause.
Please find attached the DXDiag.
Have a nice day,
Bruno
 Filename
DxDiag.7z
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
306 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Bruno, your DxDiag results look good. I don't see anything bad in there.

Like the other posters have suggested, maybe you can uninstall the nVidia driver, reboot then restart your PC. When you are ready to reinstall the NVidia driver, try using the custom settings and do not install any of the 3D Vision components. These are known to have interfered with PD12 with previous nVidia versions, and they were probably installed unless you used the custom settings last time.

If the problem is still there, try uninstalling PD12 and reinstalling it. You should then test it before updating to the latest released patch (v2726) or the latest Beta driver (v2923).

Let us know if any of those make a difference!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°