Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TrueTheater Motion and BDs?
Helles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2014 13:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I recently upgraded from PDVD 12 to 14 and was glad to see, that TrueTheater Motion now uses more than one processor core. I testet it with DVDs and MKVs (720p24, 1080i50, 1080p24) and it works perfectly well. BUT if I watch a BD, it is greyed out (software decoding of course, all other TrueTheater features are available).

Is this a bug or working as intended? And if the second - why? I mean, if it works with fullHD mkv? Is it a copyright issue or something like that?

Greetings
Helles
[Post New]
as i understand it, powerdvd 14's feature was to support trutheatre for bluray. i also understand it that some 20th century fox bd don't allow it.

trutheatre was a technology designed for dvds and serves no real purpose this day and age. best off leaving it permanently on hardware decoding and watch it with original colours/motion.
Helles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2014 13:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried it with Blu-rays from various studios. It seems to be a more general problem, if one at all. But yes, I also understood it like TrueTheater is awailable for BDs now.

And I have my reasons to use TrueTheater Motion (this colour stuff I don't need - I have a well calibrated TV) - the tip to not use it if I say I want to use it isn't that helpful ;

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2014 01:16

[Post New]
apologies. your issue seems bd-drm related. powerdvd's job is to comply with drm. this is why you can't always access truetheatre motion. if you want to use it for discs which aren't allowed, you need to search on google because cyberlink's forum's rules are quite strict in this area. a good start would be to search "blu-ray drm"