Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce Pie Chart - is it animated or static on your system?
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Just curious- anyone ever see this pie chart actually animate when producing the final output?

Mine is always static. Not a big deal but I have never seen a purple pie section that indicates "Remaining" nor a white pie section that indicates "Produced"

[Thumb - Produce Pie Chart.PNG]
 Filename
Produce Pie Chart.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
379 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2014 08:49

PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Mine is static but the numbers change ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just curious- anyone ever see this pie chart actually animate when producing the final output?

Mine is always static. Not a big deal but I have never seen a purple pie section that indicates "Remaining" nor a white pie section that indicates "Produced"

I see no problems, pie is animated. Attached pic explains it all.

Are you really thinking you will see a pie sliver of .4179/150.1GB or a piece of pie less than 1degree of arc length?

There is an issue with the pie when SVRT is used, that was documented here for released version 2420 and still present in 2726.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31406.page

Jeff
[Thumb - pie.png]
 Filename
pie.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
138 time(s)
RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was thinking that the chart would animate and scale to whatever size edit we were producing. Not size dependent on the video edit length.

So translation- we need to have a larger video edit for the pie chart to at least indicate the other colors.

I just did a test with a longer 1hr edit and as indicated in the thread Jeff linked to.
Here are my observations and additions:

1. "N/A" still shows up when Fast video render tech. and SVRT is checked. (I am using the latest beta patch.)

2.) If Fastvideo rendering tech. and SVRT is not used and left unchecked then the chart animates properly.

3.) If Fastvideo rendering tech and my Intel Quicksync Video is checked then the chart also indicates and animates properly

Thanks for the input guys
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was thinking that the chart would animate and scale to whatever size edit we were producing. Not size dependent on the video edit length.

So translation- we need to have a larger video edit for the pie chart to at least indicate the other colors.

The 100% pie is based on the disk size selected for writing, as I think it should be. It's displaying how much your "Produced" file will occupy of the user defined write space capacity. How could the pie display a "Free" and "Used" space if scaled to whatever size edit you were producing? It is not size dependent on the video edit length, it's default size is base on the disk capacity.

So translation, you need a large produced video size in relation to the size of write space capacity. A 1 hr HD 1920x1080 24Mbps (~10GB) on a 4TB drive still will not show any piece of pie, 10/4000*360~1 degree and still won't be visible.

Bottom line, I think the pie animates and displays correctly except for the anomaly documented earlier.

Jeff

RobAC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

The 100% pie is based on the disk size selected for writing, as I think it should be. It's displaying how much your "Produced" file will occupy of the user defined write space capacity. How could the pie display a "Free" and "Used" space if scaled to whatever size edit you were producing? It is not size dependent on the video edit length, it's default size is base on the disk capacity.

So translation, you need a large produced video size in relation to the size of write space capacity. A 1 hr HD 1920x1080 24Mbps (~10GB) on a 4TB drive still will not show any piece of pie, 10/4000*360~1 degree and still won't be visible.

Bottom line, I think the pie animates and displays correctly except for the anomaly documented earlier.

Jeff

Which is exactly what I just realized above. Hence the past tense "I was thinking..."