Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Save title and credit information
Betty15765 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 25, 2014 17:48 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I put together a title and credit with background and music that I would like to save for future videos.

How can I save them? Don't want to have to build them each time. Or will I?

Betty..............
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I put together a title and credit with background and music that I would like to save for future videos.

How can I save them? Don't want to have to build them each time. Or will I?

Betty..............

If you used Title designer to build the title you can save a template.
In Title Designer File > Save As. Give the template a good name.

The template will appear in Titles > Custom Titles.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Do pay attention, though. Unless it's changed recently, there is no warning if you save a template over itself. It's easy to mung up one of the supplied templates that way.

You can also wind up with multiple templates with the same display name. That's a mess to clean up. Jerry Schwartz
LostTarget [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
This is what I've done, as I use the same setup almost weekly (but may not be for everyone, but works for me).

Make a master video (without videos, except for a few short video place holders where you would normally insert video) to include opening and closing setup. When all said and done I have a set 30 - 45 seconds at the start and a set ending, to include credits. Music on both ends.

Save it (make a back up).

I open the master when I have a project, and do a save as. Add video/images and change wording as needed within the newly named video, but not changing the templates. For me that would mean name of video, place, and a few other bits of information in the opening.

Make sure you get rid of the video place holders from the video before producing. Highly recommend the use of the place holders.

Betty15765 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 25, 2014 17:48 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like a great idea...............

Thanks for sharing.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Adding additional information.

Via My Documents,
C:\Users\YourPCNameHere\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\MyTitles
The address is where saved customized Titles are stored, under the name Title_000 onwards. A folder will contain the images and instructions for each title. These numerically identifiable folders can be saved elsewhere and then reinserted/moved back to this directory and will appear in PDR. In addition a folder named Title_002 for example could be renamed "Buzby" or "Buzby Title" and would still be viewable by PDR's Title Designer and as a Custom Tiitle.

I hope the additional information helped. It is useful when moving to a new computer to recover previously made Titles created in a version of PowerDirector.
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 06. 2014 09:41