Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exclusive audio output (WASAPI Exclusive) - Volume fixed at 100%
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
I notice that when I select the Exclusive audio output (WASAPI Exclusive) option it appears to work but volume control is disabled and volume is fixed at 100%.
I would like volume control to still be available when using WASAPI.

Cheers,

stewart_pk
[Post New]
you should ask tech support. posting on the forums won't get noticed
[Post New]
If you are bitstreaming, it is normal the volume control is disabled, since you send raw compressed data to your receiver. You have to control the volume on your amplifier or TV. That's also true without WASAPI. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm not bit-streaming, I'm sending PCM after the bit stream has been decoded by PDVD. System volume is obeyed and PDVD's internal volume is also functional when decoding to PCM. But when WASAPI is selected system volume is ignored and PDVD's own internal volume is disabled.

I have contacted tech support, you guys were quicker to respond than them; still waiting LOL!
[Post New]
yes, some of my tickets take weeks. no point waiting for a response. watch movies instead!
Timo K [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2014 17:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

just registered here, to check if other have faced sames issue. Seems that I have same symptoms, with WASAPI activated - the audio is full level (normal volume does not affect).

It totally ruins the audio quality in my case... I pass the audio to external DAC (cambrigde audio, dacmagic plus) - that is capable of handling wasapi with correct drivers

It also has the affect of bad screen update, only few frames per second for bluray (when wasapi active at powerDVD14 ultra). I will raise a ticket of this to tech support...
x7007 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2014 01:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem

that's what I wrote on other forum.

The first time I install the nvidia drivers and start PowerDVD 14 everything works correctly in 3D, there is 3D and everything is smooth.

After I install 3DTV I have slow effect when using 3D, it just goes slow-mo, returning to 2D it works well.

It seem that it set the resolution to 1920x1080p 23 hz instead 24 hz in the Nvidia CP, I can't find what causing it, it worked fine before but I can't find the reason it happens.......

SOLUTION :

It seems that using the Headphones with 5.1 output (creative ZXR) causing serious delay and slow down using all movie players in 3D.................. what the hell......... changing to normal 5.1 speakers out put makes the problem go away.

Changing in PowerDVD to Stereo instead the auto detect fix the problem too, need to Playback the movie again.

Using 5.1 Speakers and changing to headphones while the movie plays still run well.

** Should I use WASAPI in PowerDVD ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2014 01:11

Timo K [Avatar]
[Post New]
fyi,

I tested the 4704 update. Audio and video is still useless, when selecting WASAPI.

-Timo K

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2014 13:17

stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry what does "useless" mean?
Timo K [Avatar]
[Post New]
if there is someone speaking (on the Bluray movie) you cannot understand it anymore - if WASAPI activated (audio goes useless here). Also in same case the video is not usable, seen only updating few frames per second...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2014 08:31