Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving media on multiple timelines
chrismckay1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2014 17:29 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Guys,

Hopefully someone can point me in the correct direction here!!!

Is it possible to move the content of different timelines together?

What I am trying to do is move a video clip that has music captions and effects all in there relevant timelines, is there a way to move all this media so that I dont have to line them all up again once the video clip is repositioned??

kind regards
Chris......
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Chris -

There are different ways to do it.

The easiest thing (first) is to select the video clip, effects & titles by (a) lassoing them or (b) using Ctrl+Click then right click and Group Objects You can ungroup them for editing later.

With all the necessary media grouped, you can just drag them to the correct point in the timeline... Select "Insert here and move all clips on the timeline to the right"

Now go back to the empty gap - right click in it & select "Remove and move all timeline clips after removed gap"

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!