Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is PhotoD 5 faster
Débordé [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2010 17:25 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have now 25 000 pictures, my photo director 4 is lagging with so many picture. And the only thing I do in PD is CROPPING. And it's such a pain, I have to click the tool, then unlock (because the lock is by default on), then resize, and click with the mouse on done.
And during the process I have to wait for PD to react.

I am trying the adobe Lightroom and here is how I do the crop
Press R
Resize
Press enter

Is PD 5 fixed those problems?
[Post New]
Hello Débordé,

I can't say I disagree with you about the cropping module in PhotoDirector. The fact that it returns to default settings after cropping an image means a few extra clicks for the user, with no keyboard command assigned as in Lr.

Each user will find the software that best suits their needs. I've done no direct comparisons of PhD & Lr except loading/import times. Personally, I much prefer the navigation (for import) system employed by PhD. I find it much more user friendly, but we each have our own workflow.

The crop feature still functions the same way in PhD5.

I'm aware that you've previously posted this in the suggestion box

PIX PIX YouTube channel