Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 14 problems with huge media library?
[Post New]
Hi there, i just recently bought the PowerDVD 14 Ultra Version and am enjoying it so far.

I have a music collection of over 10.000 tracks that are stored on a NAS. The folder is accessible from the media-pc on which I use PowerDVD. Everytime I add my music folder it takes forever for the program to import the music into the library. But the biggest Problem is: It only loads 1458 tracks into the library and then just stops. Those 1458 tracks work just fine but I cannot add any more.

I have tried many things to resolve this issue. Added smaller folders, moved my collection to a USB 3.0 external hard drive attached to the media-PC. It is always the same, 1458 tracks are added (which takes almost one hour btw) and no more track will be added afterwards.

Any opinions on this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2014 10:45

Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,what buildnumber are you using ; 14.0.3917.58 or 14.0.4028.58 ?? Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
[Post New]
I am currently using 14.0.4028.58 but it happened with the other version, too.
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Is this version not a beta-patch ???

What version number you bought ???

Mine was the PDVD14.0.3917.58.
Keep in mind ; a beta is not a final-release and can have some consequensis Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
[Post New]
Hi,

I bought CyberLink_PowerDVD14_Ultra_DVD130813-01
which had the Problems. Then just today I tried the Beta Version PowerDVD_14.0.4028.58_Ultra_DVD140418-06_R3.

Both have the same Problems. I cannot add all my 16.000 Songs. (Even if I could it would probably take 2 days till they are all added to the library)
GordonK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Apr 17, 2015 19:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem exists in 15, I have 23,000 tracks in 2 files and it just sits there with thumb in mouth. The advice is to use file of less than 5000 tracks and, it may take a while to fix as it is a deep seated problem. This user is not happy, the prvious version I had would not look at flac and ogg files, when they told me that was fixed I updated. Waste of Money (so far)

glk Gordon Kimpton
Erina, NSW, Australia