Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Poor quality after Producing HD footage
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am using a Sony HD camcorder that creates 1080i AVCHD footage. After I insert in into a Project in PowerDirector 7 Ultra, add some music and some titles, I the move onto Produce a File to write to DVD. My first option was to choose AVC,MPEG4 AVCHD 1920X1080 and then burn to a standard RW DVD. When I previewed the film the quality was good but the produced file had very bad quality with any hard edge like a fence or railing, developing a kind of shimmer. I then tried all the other options and got the same result. So now I skip the Producing step and go right to the Burn and the quality is just fine, however, as soon as I try and work with a large file the Burn just hangs - what am I doing wrong?