Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 11 Crashes on Startup
[Post New]
To anyone who can help me solve this,

I am using powerdirector 11 on a notebook computer with the following specifications:

Processor: Intel i7-3632QM @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670M

All drivers have been recently updated to the latest available version, including graphics driver.

After updating the driver for the graphics card i started experiencing issues across the board with my computer, including a 'green preview window' in powerdirector, which made it impossible to preview work in progress.

I rolled back my graphics driver to the last version that I didn't have issues with and since then have been completely unable to open powerdirector. The loading image shows up, but then the program crashes.

The project I am working on has already experienced some delays due to a number of reasons, so any possible solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Brodie
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
436 time(s)
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Have you updated PD with the latest patch?

See the "sticky" at the very top of this forum for a link to the download.
[Post New]
Borgus1,
I did so just prior to posting my help request. Installed the patch and tried opening PD. As of yet the problem is still occuring.
Thank you for the suggestion (and quick response to my request).
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perhaps going 'round in circles here, but did you *then* update the video driver?

Hopefully, others will chime in with better info.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2014 22:11

[Post New]
I have had trouble with the most recent AMD Driver and my laptop, but will give it a go. (After all, i can always roll it back again.)
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
...and if the catalyst feature is in play, you might try disabling it - as a test.
[Post New]
Well, what do you know?

That seems to have fixed it - at least for the time being.

Many thanks Borgus, you have been most helpful.

Does the Catalyst feature often have negative effects on software?
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some users have reported problems. Might be worth checking into AMD forums, to see what the folks there have to share.
[Post New]
Thanks again, I will go and have a look.