Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 13 audio to soft
blucmal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2014 18:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a htpc plugged into tv direct I don't have surround sound. It is running windows 7 and powerdvd13 ultra. While watching movies I have the pc and tv turned up to 100% and a lot of the time the audio is still to soft (except for explosions) with the arcsoft trial I have no problem with audio levels. Is there a setting I am missing? I have tried changing the listening environment but it does not seem to make any difference.I have not changed any other setting everything is at default. The tv is a 3d samsung plasma. Help much appreciated
[Post New]
i don't understand. you have "soft sound"? is this the issue? Could you please explain what you mean by "soft" sound.
blucmal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2014 18:44 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Volume level to low/ can't hear what is being said /voices are to quiet bout only way to describe it I thought audio to soft was pretty easy to understand. It fine on a booming 5.1 stereo system but far to quiet on a TV.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have forwarded your issue to our QA and RD team for further investigation.
I can also hear a noticeable drop in volume when use PCM audio (decode by PowerDVD)

It may take some time for us to find the root cause for this symptom

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
I'm posting here to flag my interest in this issue, as I also experience it (with PDVD 13 Ultra, version 3919).

It may be that in the mastering of some discs there is a genuine difference in encoded volume level between the DTS-HD MA/True-HD tracks and the LPCM track, but the pattern is too consistent to assume it's solely disc-dependent.
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Try...
Player Settings >
Video, Audio, Subtitles >
More Audio Settings (Output Quality tab) >
At the bottom check "Boosted For Noisy Environments...."