Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Title Designer] Justification of Text?
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps I am missing something in the Settings area all along the left side in the Window, but is there an option to choose the type of Justification for a block of text?
What I mean is, the Left or Right or Centered lining-up of the text (along one side or aligned down the midpoint).
When I type in text into the Title Designer, it seems to default to Left Justification (everything 'sticks' to the left side, where the text 'originates') and I don't see where the alignment can be altered.
I apologize ahead of time, if I am just missing some little obvious button somewhere

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 15:48

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I apologize ahead of time, if I am just missing some little obvious button somewhere

The Alignment is already there.

[Thumb - 720x405 Title Designer.png]
 Filename
720x405 Title Designer.png
[Disk]
 Description
The alignment is already there
 Filesize
283 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1443 time(s)
[Thumb - 1920x1080 Title Designer.png]
 Filename
1920x1080 Title Designer.png
[Disk]
 Description
Full size image 1920x1080
 Filesize
1484 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
325 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 19:19

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

The Alignment is already there.

Thank you for your reply, that alignment sets the entire block of text to the side or in the centre, based on the edges of the canvas/workspace. What I meant was, adjusting how the paragraph itself lines up, within the editable box where the text is typed.

This is a quick example of it, that I could find, but it explains how the text lines up (in regards to each line of itself):

I can't seem to be able to align the text 'to itself' within the editable box, although your right-click menu does align the entire block/object or center it, in regards to the edges of the screen.

I tried to type just one line at a time and align that, but the alignment menu there only seems to align it with the edges of the workspace, not other text.

I was wondering if it could align the text that is all inside one typed box, 'to itself' inside the box, but if it can't do that, it's fine - I was just wondering if it could and it was something I missed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 19:51

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

If you look under Font Type Settings you'll see the text justification buttons.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Text Justify.png]
 Filename
Text Justify.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1464 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 22:25

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Further to what the other learned members have said, there's is no full justification like there is Word.

I haven't tried it but you might be able to copy and paste a fully justified text from Word into PD.

To do this have the PD Text Room open.

Highlight the fully justified text in Word, right click COPY

Go to PD text room and use CONTROL V to paste

Happy editing :D Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there -

If you look under Font Type Settings you'll see the text justification buttons.

Cheers - Tony

I wish it were that easy!

I don't appear to have those buttons on mine... PowerDirector 12, the Ultra Trial, downloaded directly from the CyberLink website... hmmm

Edit:
Added second screenshot - the Align right does not work the same as yours either, are you using PD12, ynot?

Edit 2:
Ah... I see what happened - apparently the Justification comes up only for 2D text and not 3D text... One more for The Suggestion box!

Thanks for all the helpfulness, everyone

[Thumb - pd12-title designer - justification question no buttons what .jpg]
 Filename
pd12-title designer - justification question no buttons what .jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector 12 - Title Designer - no Justification Buttons what
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
323 time(s)
[Thumb - pd12-title designer - justification to the right.jpg]
 Filename
pd12-title designer - justification to the right.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector 12 - Title Designer - Justification to the Right
 Filesize
110 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
317 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 23:29

Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote: Hi

Further to what the other learned members have said, there's is no full justification like there is Word.

I haven't tried it but you might be able to copy and paste a fully justified text from Word into PD.

To do this have the PD Text Room open.

Highlight the fully justified text in Word, right click COPY

Go to PD text room and use CONTROL V to paste

Happy editing :D

Thanks, I took your idea and tried it out on 3D text - it didn't copy over

Ah well, I'll just have to remember I can adjust the Justification of text for 2D titles, but not 3D titles.

Thanks again, everyone

[Post New]
I had that same issue too and found out that the text justification buttons don't show up on 3D text, just 2D. Yeah, hopefully our friends will come up with a patch to fix that. Win 8.1 64 Bit / ASUS Z87-PRO / Intel i7 4770K 3.5Ghz / 16 Gb DDR3 2400 / 500 Gb SSD + 3 Tb HDD / WH16NS40 BluRay Burner
[Post New]
Quote I had that same issue too and found out that the text justification buttons don't show up on 3D text, just 2D. Yeah, hopefully our friends will come up with a patch to fix that.

6 years later -- still not "fixed" or implemented... lmao... they dont give a f* ... they take our money and run... screw our suggestions...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 6 years later -- still not "fixed" or implemented... lmao... they dont give a f* ... they take our money and run... screw our suggestions...

Did you request the feature 6 years ago or are you just trolling?

Titles can go on any video track in addition to the Title track, so you can use individual 3D titles in any alignment you want. Create the first one and set the attributes the way you like, then copy and paste and change the words and positions in the copied titles. They'll all be in sync and will act as a single title in your finished video.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°