Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I crop video?
Jay_NotApplicable
Newbie Location: Massachusetts Joined: Apr 03, 2014 23:03 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
How do I crop out video as if I'm editing a photo and trimming off the edges?
Jay_NotApplicable
Newbie Location: Massachusetts Joined: Apr 03, 2014 23:03 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Nevermind. I figured it out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 19:10

Wade [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2014 03:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Would you inform me how do you figure it out? I just found a solution to use Faasoft Video Cropper to crop almost all kinds videos like YouTube, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, etc.

With it, you can crop videos as well as keep or change the aspect ratio and crop videos as well as keep or change the size of the video files.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Wade,
ahh, how nice, your very first post here appears to be spam. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Would you inform me how do you figure it out? I just found a solution to use Faasoft Video Cropper...

You don't need a 3rd party program to simply crop - In the PD edit window, just grab one side of the image and drag as far as you want, the aspect ratio stays the same. For the most control, turn Snap off so you can crop the image exactly the way you want. If you're going to do a huge crop, needing to zoom in a lot, just make the display in the edit window smaller so you can drag out farther.

rbowser
Happy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2015 05:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I know two methods on how to crop all kinds of videos, which supports cropping videos as well as keep or change the aspect ratio and cropping videos as well as keep or change the size of the video files at: http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/video-cropper.html

In these ways, you can crop videos of YouTube, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, MPG, 3GP, etc to remove video black bars or unwanted area.