Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you Fade Titles In and Out
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
How do you fade titles in and out John
[Post New]
I've only been able to come up with one way. Using black background.

Transistions, including the fade, do not function on the title track. So what I did was to:

1. Place a black color board on the timeline in a new project.

2. Place and edit the title on the title track set to the same length as the black color board.

3. Produce (render out) that to a media importable file. In my case I work with AVCHD media so I rendered to a streaming 1440x1080 WMV file.

4. Open the project that needs the title and import that title clip, place it between 2 black color boards, then add the fade transition to the beginning and the end of the title clip.

When you play it you see a black frame, the title fades in then fades out to black.

This might also work for a title over video as long as there is little to no movement in the video clip you use.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
John

I'm not sure what version you are using, but Power Director Version 7 has this functionality built in.

Try this:

Go to the Title Room.
Drag the Default title down to the Title Track. (You can probably use other title templates in the same way - I only tried a couple.)
Click Modify.
Make whatever changes you need to make to the text.
Click on the Animation Properties button (it's the middle button of the three under "Share" and "Save").
Click on Begin Effect - this brings up a set of transition type effects, including Fade. These are not in strict alphabetical order, and Fade is about 8 from the end. Click on Fade and then the green tick.
Repeat for End Effect.
Click OK.

That should do it. (However, I have found that sometimes it doesn't work the first time, so just repeat the whole process.)

Good luck

Robert
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies.
My ISP has been down for the last 2 days and during that time I have found out how to fade the titles. John
john [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 10:33 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
hi, i have a similar problem

I managed to go to the menu to select the begin effect and end effect, but when i click okay nothing happens. When I go back to the menu it shows "no effect" under both tabs. It resets itself. why does this happen?

RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some thoughts ...

Did you click on the green tick after setting the Begin effect and after setting the End effect?

Make sure the effects you choose show on the left side before you click OK.

Try again with a different effect, then repeat with Fade.

Sometimes when I first try to do this, the effects don't stick, but when I repeat the process they are OK.

Hope some of this helps.

Robert
john [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm, yeah i did the Green tick.

Do you mean wait for it to show on the main menu window right underneath "Begin Effect" then click the green tab? On mine it did not seem to show at all. Think maybe its a software bug? All the other features i messed with seem work so far.
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another thought... make sure that the actual title has been clicked before you try to apply the effects. The words in the title should have a frame around them or the effects won't stick.

HTH.

Robert
john [Avatar]
[Post New]
sorry, had no Internet for 3 day

But like you said, make sure the title is selected is what for me

Thanks a lot for the quick response rate, and support . Now to figure out those music and video time frames to work properly....

Oh and thanks again, it's difficult finding people who take the time to help others and provide useful tips

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2008 08:06

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hey John,

You are aware of the great tutorials that are available here right?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Even after using PD for a couple of years already, I still found useful tips in these tutorials. Check 'em out if you haven't already. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips