Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Syncing 3 audio tracks
[Post New]
Hi all,
I have three separate recordings that I did in the same event hall but just from different locations within the room using three Zoom H1 recorders.

Does AudioDirector have a setting where I can sync all the tracks automatically? OR is there a VST plugin that can do that? I started recording each a few minutes apart.
Thanks!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 30. 2014 10:41

[Post New]
Hello Primus2112,

To my knowledge, AudioDirector has no such facility.

In the MIX module, audio tracks can be synchronised visually but that might be more "hit & miss" than what you'd require. In the screenshot below, I was able to sync two audio clips accurately - zooming in & nudging clips - but not without some difficulty! (the same result was achieved in about 10% of the time in PD)

My first thought would be to render the Zoom audio clips as video in PowerDirector & use the MultiCam plug-in to sync them. After syncing, they could be rendered back to audio format (or use extract audio). As far as I know, only one separate audio track can be imported into MultiCam Designer.

I'm sorry your post has sat here for so long without attention. Perhaps you've already resolved the problem.

PIX
[Thumb - ADR_Sync Clips.jpg]
 Filename
ADR_Sync Clips.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
714 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2014 16:06

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
I can see a cync option in the Mulit-Cam Designer plugin. I have seen it sync-ing 4 videos based on sound. I have seen a totorial on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yzt2ng4UGY

If you link the sound to videos, you can use this tool.

[Post New]
ok...
I would try this. (done from my imagination, so i might have forgotten a step or two)

1. Create 10 seconds of silence and save it in your media folder.
2. Find a piece of video longer than the longest sound-clip and copy it to 3 tracks.
3. Add the silence in front of all 3 video-clips.
4. Un-link the original sound from all 3 videos and replace it with each of your own sound-clips.
5. Move the videos back, and align them with the start of the silence tracks
6. Link silence + your sound to each video.
7. Save all videos under the same name as name1 name2 name3.
8. Open the multi-cam plugin in Powerdirector and load your sound-videos in 3 tracks
9. Ask the program to auto sync your videos.
10. Cut of the silent start of all 3 videos, using one cut. This will leave a short silence on two of the videos, that start later.
11 Un-link the sound from all videos and save them under your own name.

When you use then, just align the start and all should be good. :

Anders