Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just one "menu" (option?)
[Post New]
Greetings all,

I was playing with the PD12 Trial (I haven't used PD since about version 3 or 4, back in Windows95 days ) and see in the Create Disc section that there seems to be forced menus (3 of them, nested/layers) of chapters,etc.

My question is: is there a way to disable them (an option) or a setup to just put my 2 little video clips into one simple menu and be done with it?

I do like the sheer amount of helpfulness the program has, the options, the details, the extras, wonderful stuff.
(Glad to see a Grain effect that isn't just a blotchy mess, like some other home editors )
I hate to be persnickety, but this one little detail is the only thing holding me back, believe it or not, from purchasing the full application [insert rant against subscriptions here]. I won't be leaving my current 'DVD studio' program anytime soon unless there is such an option.

Side question: is there a place I can forward this suggestion to Cyberlink? It would be great for them to hear it, I think (probably not for the first time - at least 'show how great the program is that it allows you to make chapter menus' - but then allow the option to just create a simple, one-level menu)...

Thanks for any ideas

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 09:53

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Greetings all,

I was playing with the PD12 Trial (I haven't used PD since about version 3 or 4, back in Windows95 days ) and see in the Create Disc section that there seems to be forced menus (3 of them, nested/layers) of chapters,etc.

My question is: is there a way to disable them (an option) or a setup to just put my 2 little video clips into one simple menu and be done with it?

I do like the sheer amount of helpfulness the program has, the options, the details, the extras, wonderful stuff.
(Glad to see a Grain effect that isn't just a blotchy mess, like some other home editors )
I hate to be persnickety, but this one little detail is the only thing holding me back, believe it or not, from purchasing the full application [insert rant against subscriptions here]. I won't be leaving my current 'DVD studio' program anytime soon unless there is such an option.

Side question: is there a place I can forward this suggestion to Cyberlink? It would be great for them to hear it, I think (probably not for the first time - at least 'show how great the program is that it allows you to make chapter menus' - but then allow the option to just create a simple, one-level menu)...

Thanks for any ideas

Hi TroyTheTech,

Please "vent" your concerns to online support. You are not alone in making the observation and change (in my opinion) has been long overdue for the module. The more an observation is expressed regarding a change to PowerDirector, the more likely an improvement will take place.
Go to: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 11:15

[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Greetings all,

Thanks for any ideas

Hi TroyTheTech,

Please "vent" your concerns to online support. You are not alone in making the observation and change (in my opinion) has been long overdue for the module. The more an observation is expressed regarding a change to PowerDirector, the more likely an improvement will take place.
Go to: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Dafydd

Thanks, Dafydd!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to seem 'too' negative here, I was just surprised (in a disappointed way), how the program has so many features, bells/whistles, and seems so easy to learn and use and is surprisingly powerful for a consumer-level editor - and then it laughs at you and runs away after flirting with you with all the great stuff and says, "Nope. You can't make a simple menu though, ok? Bye." like some girl that turned you down in front of your friends at school.

I won't be highly negative to Support, but I'll make sure to let her know what she did! I mean, I'll let them know what I think!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 15:04