Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD8 Clhelper error
marko [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 17:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Got error "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" when opening any VOB files.

Any1 got some solution for this?

Thanx in advance!
HDFan1080 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2008 01:52 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I get the exact same error when I try to open an MPEG file on a local hard drive. Clicking past the error dialog does allow the file to play, but this is a nuisance. It happens with either of these patch files installed:
CyberLink.2021aU_DVD080909-01.exe
CyberLink.2021U_DVD080729-02(Ultra).exe

However, if I reinstall the patch previous to the buggy ones, the problem is gone:
CyberLink.1830U_DVD080411-04.exe

PC is Windows XP Pro SP2 on Intel D975XBX2 4GB RAM, Q6700 Quad CPU, nVidia GTX 260.
pamela [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2008 10:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hello, i have the same problem, when i try to open a VOB file, the error appears on the screen : "error: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

after accept the message the file play normal, but the error appears again and again when try to open files

why???

fix???
HDFan1080 [Avatar]
[Post New]
After contacting tech support, they provided me with a stand-alone build of 2021, which I installed on a brand new XP SP2 PC that had never had Power DVD installed, and the annoying file open error still occurs with this latest version.

Hopefully they will listen to us and fix this silly bug so that we can keep current with the application in the future.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2008 01:09

SV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2007 08:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
HELP !!!!Help. This same problem "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"
Frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2007 16:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've been getting this nuisance error ever since I installed PowerDVD8. I already have a PowerDVD7 Ultra installed that does not behave in this manner.
I am currently running version 8.0.2021a.50

HDFan1080 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good news!!!

Cyberlink Tech Support has replicated this bug and will be working to fix it in a future patch, possibly even in the next few days.

Stay tuned...
Frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2007 16:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
That would be nice!
I sent a support request. Got a quick response.
Not the one I had hoped...But a response nontheless.
It basically consists in removing all traces of PowerDVD and re-installing.
That DID get rid of the error. However, It also consists in my going back and installing v6 Ultra. Installing the Upgrade to 7 and THEN installing 8 Ultra Upgrade. (grumble, grumble...)
Bottom line. It now works.

Of course, if the fix had been made before...
Frank
HDFan1080 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The latest patch finally appears to fix this problem. Thanks Cyberlink!

CyberLink.2217U_TaRe38_DVD080909-05.exe

Download from Cyberlink here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_1_en_US.html