Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Replace a photo
Serge.Haddad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2014 08:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm making the prom video for our class, and there's a photo i need to replace. When i delete it and put the one i want in its place, the transitions disappear, and when i try to reput them with the same duration each, it changes the whole timeline, including songs and other pictures. Is there a way to replace a photo with another one while everything else stays the same ?

Thanks in advance !
[Post New]
Quote: I'm making the prom video for our class, and there's a photo i need to replace. When i delete it and put the one i want in its place, the transitions disappear, and when i try to reput them with the same duration each, it changes the whole timeline, including songs and other pictures. Is there a way to replace a photo with another one while everything else stays the same ?

Thanks in advance !

Remove the transitions before and after photo, add new photo will overwrite existing photo, apply transitions, everything will be in place again.
When using OVERLAP transitions needs to be done this way

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 22. 2014 09:47

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm making the prom video for our class, and there's a photo i need to replace. When i delete it and put the one i want in its place, the transitions disappear, and when i try to reput them with the same duration each, it changes the whole timeline, including songs and other pictures. Is there a way to replace a photo with another one while everything else stays the same ?

Thanks in advance !

Here is what I do. Because the project file is basically a text file with your editing information you can accomplish your task very easily with a couple of steps.

First save your project, close Power Director and follow the steps below:
1. Take note of the name of the photo you want to replace and write it down.
2. Move the photo to another folder location for backup purposes.
3. Make a copy of the photo that will be used to replace the original and place it in the folder where the original photo was located.
4. Rename this copy of the replacement photo to match the other photo. Be sure to get the name exactly the same as the original or this will not work.
5. Re-open the project and you will find that the new photo is in the place of the original with all your edits still in place.

This works because the project file only saves references to the media used in the project. You can replace any photo in this manner by making sure that the replacement photo has the exact same name and location as the original..

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Serge.Haddad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2014 08:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Playsound, i tried using your method, but when i add the transition between two photos, the timeline changes, where photos change their position, thanks though

HalCon, thank you so much ! It worked !
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Serge.Haddad

Glad that worked for you.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
PatsyP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 13:17 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Works like a charm, but you do have to close out your project while you do this. When you reopen, the magic will have happened!