Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove the background image and soften the edges in order to use video?
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone know to do here after removing the edges are all checkered, not giving in to use videos here very logamarcas use in assemblies of commercial videos and still I prefer to use it because of Adode photoshop to soften the edges to remove the background from images , does anyone know if giving to also soften the photodirector I thank the attention.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 11:44

Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
[Post New]
Hello Victor Videomaker,

Welcome to the PhD forum

Removing the background is easily done, but "softening" the edges would need to be done in other software. PhotoDirector is not equipped to add alpha blur or feathering. I think that's what you mean.

If you happen to be a PowerDirector user, you can mask the image (using the exact same .png file) & apply a feather to the edge of the mask.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Background Removal.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Background Removal.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
289 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
809 time(s)
[Thumb - PDR_MaskFeather.jpg]
 Filename
PDR_MaskFeather.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
197 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
755 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 14:19

PIX YouTube channel
videomaker 10
Newbie Location: eua/brazil Joined: Dec 02, 2013 14:51 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Pix of this, so I wonder if photodirector would soften the edges for use in video images, it will be good for cyberlink attend to this with a patch or new version of photodirector. Pc bulldozzer 6300,12gb ram,Hd ssd 240gb S.O W7 64 bits,Hd 2tb Ar,motherborad asus M5a97 R2.0,Geforce Gtx 650 Ti.
Pdr 12,Adobe Premiere,after,Photoshop,Photodex proshow producer and pinnacle studio 16.
[Post New]
Hello again Victor,

Feel free to add your excellent suggestion to the PhD Suggestion Box thread http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27036.page

I agree with you. I think it would be a great feature to be able to apply a degree of feathering/alpha blur to the edges of an extracted image.

PIX
PIX YouTube channel