Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Capture
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to capture VHS tapes with PD 11 Ultra.

I have captured many with little problem but today i captured 2 tapes with no difficulty. However with the dsme connections that always worked I find that I am geting audio coming through but suddenly no video.

The tapes work fine with the VCR connected to a tv, therefor that is not the problem.

Can anyone give me any suggestions.

Thanks for your help
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps you have lost or changed the video input source.

This appears after clicking the Settings Button in the capture module ( lower Right ).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2014 22:37

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Sam2099 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl for quick answer

As usual I get weird problems. Settings are fine as I can capture tapes. It is only 2 tapes tht only give audio but no video. (they work fine with same VCR on tv).

Interestingly when I press the button to stop capture a picture flashes on for an instant so there is a connection.

Did anyone else ever have this problem
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl for quick answer

As usual I get weird problems. Settings are fine as I can capture tapes. It is only 2 tapes tht only give audio but no video. (they work fine with same VCR on tv).

Interestingly when I press the button to stop capture a picture flashes on for an instant so there is a connection.

Did anyone else ever have this problem

Try capturing that same tape with another software.

Windows Movie Maker works sometimes when Powerdirector does not.
There is also several capture software programs if you search for them.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Sam2099 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl

Will try and let you know