Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Simple Disc Menu Structure - two Movies
Barockteer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2014 11:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgraded to PD12 - super program!

I can't seem to figure out what should be a very simple Disc Menu Structure. I have two .mpg files I want to put on a single DVD. I want to make a menu that comes up when the user inserts the disk, that just gives them the choice of one or the other (A or B). Whatever I do, I can't seem to avoid having to have the 'Play' and 'Scenes' choices. 'Play' plays the first movie A, but 'Scenes' has to give the choice A and B, in that order, which is redundant to the user.

If I choose 'No Menu', I can't even set up the background scene, fonts, music, etc.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

-Tony
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just upgraded to PD12 - super program!

I can't seem to figure out what should be a very simple Disc Menu Structure. I have two .mpg files I want to put on a single DVD. I want to make a menu that comes up when the user inserts the disk, that just gives them the choice of one or the other (A or B). Whatever I do, I can't seem to avoid having to have the 'Play' and 'Scenes' choices. 'Play' plays the first movie A, but 'Scenes' has to give the choice A and B, in that order, which is redundant to the user.

If I choose 'No Menu', I can't even set up the background scene, fonts, music, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Unfortunately that is how the program works and has worked for many versions. There is nothing you can do about it

BTW, Play should play the videos one after the another or depending on how you set the the playback mode structure (bottom of the mnue page). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if this is against the rules but DVD Lab can do it for you.
It's not a video editor, just a DVD authoring software.
It's VERY clunky, very old but stable program and works on 64bit Windows.
It will handle anything you chuck at it for DVD authoring.
If you need something for Blueray, send me a PM.