Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PH4 compare two different photo's?
James131943 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2012 09:14 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to compare two photo's , one in Black/White and the other in Color. I want to put them side by side. I have two monitors. I can't find a way to show the BW and Color in the same compare window. I'm reviewing and counting Sun Spots. Both photo's taken at same time and date. james
[Thumb - 20140311_1500_hmimag_1024.jpg]
 Filename
20140311_1500_hmimag_1024.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
424 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
120 time(s)
[Thumb - 20140311_1500_hmiigr_1024.jpg]
 Filename
20140311_1500_hmiigr_1024.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
337 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello James,

With your photos in the library, you can compare (side by side) any two images by clicking on the "Compare Two" button.

The zoom tool will be useful for counting sunspots!

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Compare Two.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Compare Two.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
286 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 15. 2014 19:07

PIX YouTube channel
James131943 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks that is another way I didn't know of . I have been using the "Thumbnail" at bottom of screen. Now that I'm aware of your way....is there a way to overlay one of the photo's onto the other? thanks again
[Post New]
PhotoDirector can combine different photos in Photo Composer, but it cannot overlay them so that each is visible.

If you use PowerDirector, it is quite easy to achieve the result you're after... either by using Chroma Key or varying opacity.

Alternatively, you could do the same thing in graphics software. There's an example attached.

PIX
[Thumb - PD_Overlaid.jpg]
 Filename
PD_Overlaid.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
139 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
278 time(s)
[Thumb - Overlaid in Graphics s-w.jpg]
 Filename
Overlaid in Graphics s-w.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
719 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 03:40

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
James,

Just a further illustration of overlays in graphics software. The advantage of PD & graphics software is that they can handle layers.

PIX
[Thumb - Transparent Overlay in Graphics s-w.jpg]
 Filename
Transparent Overlay in Graphics s-w.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
122 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2014 03:58

PIX YouTube channel
James131943 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok.....thanks so much I will give it a try and let you know.....great forum for Cybrelink.....I also have PD11, Wave, ColorDir. And thanks for the quick response.
James131943 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Pix....I will attempt to use your second example..."Photo Composer" . Your third example for "PD & graphics software" I'm unclear as to what you mean by "Graphics Software" does Cyber have it or is there some special SW you use? Or is this incorporated into PD11? james
[Post New]
Hello again James,

Unfortunately, PhotoComposer will not allow one photo to be seen "through" another. You could use PhD's background removal too to remove the background and leave only the sunspots, but that will introduce other complications.

The two options I suggested will suit your purposes better.

Using Power Director and chroma key is the simplest way to do it. Just overlay your photos, apply chroma key and take a snapshot of the screen.

The software I used to make the transparency was Paint.NET. It's free and easy to use. There are quite a few YouTube tutorials on applying transparency using Paint.NET that will help. Here's one http://youtu.be/6OLKfRILqBM

PIX PIX YouTube channel
James131943 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all the help Pix......I practiced today with your first suggestion ..Chroma Key or varying opacity...that worked out better than trying to overlay transparencies etc. I will also check out Paint.NET. thanks again. james